Discussion topic: Sky Go app plays ads then closes when trying to start any video - Win 11

This message was authored by r33v01v3 This message was authored by: r33v01v3

Sky Go app plays ads then closes when trying to start any video - Win 11

I downloaded the app to watch live TV, but everytime it tried to start playing video, the app would close. Tried multiple times, also with a restart or two.

I uninstalled and re-downloaded the app as this seemed to be Googles best answer and live TV was working - great!

Then I tried to watch a box set, watched all the ads, but when the video tried to start, the app closed again. Tried multiple times with different box sets, also with a restart or two.

Deleted app and tried again - now I can only watch ads. Every live video feed or any boxset closes the app when the video is about to start. I get the black screen and timelline at the botton, then it closes.

Even tried the beta - still the same issue.

On Windows 11. All other straming apps and video content I can find work perfectly.

All I get from Sky Go is the ads, so any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by AD17 This message was authored by: AD17

Re: Sky Go app plays ads then closes when trying to start any video - Win 11

Exactly the same happens for me and has been happening for months now. Completely unusable and unable to watch anything using the app on my PC. It works fine on my phone, but I've also tried all the steps you mentioned and couldn't fix it.

I've heard nothing from Sky about the issue, so right now I'm not able to use it. @r33v01v3 did you manage to get a solution to this problem?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion