Discussion topic: Sky Go Error works ok on Windows but gives Error 1 [-41942875] on Android

This message was authored by splinternet This message was authored by: splinternet

Sky Go Error works ok on Windows but gives Error 1 [-41942875] on Android

I've got Sky Go on my Windows 10 laptop and my Android smartphone.  Whilst it works OK on Windows and has worked OK on the smartphone in the past, why now am I getting Error 1 [-41942875]?   I re-installed the app but it made no difference.  FWIW, I'm running Android 9.1.0.291

All Replies

This message was authored by Christopher+Jamie This message was authored by: Christopher+Jamie

Re: Sky Go Error works ok on Windows but gives Error 1 [-41942875] on Android

Tell me if me this works but is there any software updates if so try updating your device

And have you rebooted yuor device to see if that works

Have you t ried another device.

splinternet
Topic Author
This message was authored by splinternet This message was authored by: splinternet

@Christoper+Jamie thanks for your reply.  I tried it on the Android phone yesterday and hey presto it's suddenly working again.  Apart from having turned the phone off a few times just before my original post, I've done nothing.

splinternet
Topic Author

My elation was premature.  Sky Go only works at home when my Android phone is sharing the same wi-fi n/w as the Sky Q box, but away from home I get this error message.  That can't be working as designed, I assume?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@splinternet 

When away from home have you tried disabling the apps connection to the Sky Q box as it can only connect when you are at home anyway.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion