Discussion topic: Resolution (for me at leat), of Windows 11, sound but no picture issue

This message was authored by kdp99 This message was authored by: kdp99

Resolution (for me at leat), of Windows 11, sound but no picture issue

I complained to Sky about this. Its on a Windows 11 desktop. After the usual of uninstall, removed all files and re-install, which did nothing. They suggested I try the idea mention here (which did not work for me before), of shutting down process. I have found this works 7 times out of seven.

Below is the exact proces I did

1 Load SkyGo

2 Re-size to about 1/2 screen size.

3 Chose sports, then TNT Sports 2

4 Sound but no picture shows.

5 Load task manager (Cntl, Alt, Del),

6 Expand list of SkyGo tasks (usually 4).

7 Start ending tasks, with the top one, its usually the first one, sometimes its the first few. Worked each time.

You may find that the close window x in the top right does not now work, but you can still close the programe in the task, bar.

Works, not ideal but hopefully Sky will fix this.

Image below

sky-g0-1.jpg

k

All Replies

This message was authored by Neutronium This message was authored by: Neutronium

Re: Resolution (for me at leat), of Windows 11, sound but no picture issue

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/If-you-are-having-issues-with-Sky-Go-show-Audio-but-a-Black-Scre...

I found the above post last night and today have been using the file they put up, which fairly reliably closes the process for you. Unfortunately every now and then the video pauses and doesn't restart and I've had to restart the computer several times since just restarting the app isn't enough to get it back up, but that could be particular to me I suppose.

Seems silly that the people building tha app can't troubleshoot the root cause given they can probably identify that process and what it does though.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion