Discussion topic: Problems with using Sky Go on Chromebooks

This message was authored by George+1979 This message was authored by: George+1979

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Well still not working as of 19.47. Looks like sky have let people down once again. 😡

This message was authored by Shaun123 This message was authored by: Shaun123

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

To be fair they do have till Midnight to fulfil their bold statement but I would not hold your breath. As one Sky Fan Boy stated further up in this thread, "your market share" ain't worth Sky worrying about. 

This message was authored by Embo+man This message was authored by: Embo+man

Version I just downloaded just crashes quicker so sky have improved that !!! 

This message was authored by DerbyPerson This message was authored by: DerbyPerson

Have rechecked the Play Store a few times over the course of the day and it's still showing the last update was Jan 27 and that there's no new update available. However based on what others are saying I don't think that it'd make much difference.

This message was authored by KirstH This message was authored by: KirstH

Is anyone having any joy yet?

This message was authored by Embo+man This message was authored by: Embo+man

Ahh well back to plan b cancelling sky as go does not work for me on windows 11 either as well as chrome book 

This message was authored by Smarts25 This message was authored by: Smarts25

@Chloe22

Still no resolution.

This message was authored by George+1979 This message was authored by: George+1979

@Chloe-W22 any idea what's going on with the update since it wasn't released like you said it would? I appreciate this is not your fault but so many people not happy with sky's poor communication to their customers! 

This message was authored by Darrell34 This message was authored by: Darrell34

I don't understand. We were assured a fix would be implemented yesterday. Not only didn't it happen but there's not a word of explanation or apology from Sky. This is no way to treat customers. 

This message was authored by EireAl This message was authored by: EireAl

Update on Play Store just now, still doesn't work!

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience around the issues some of you are seeing with your Chromebooks on Sky Go currently. We deployed an update yesterday which has fixed the problem for some Chromebook models, but unfortunately not for all.

To see if the fix has worked for you, please check you have version 22.2 or later of Sky Go on your Chromebook. The release date for this may show as a date prior to 10th March (the date that the fix was added), which is fine.

Rebooting your Chromebook completely has helped in some cases too. It’s certainly worth doing this if you have not done so already. You’ll need to make sure the device has been completely shut down – how to do this varies by device but most common is either to:

• hold the power button down and select ‘Shut Down’
  • open a menu in the bottom-right corner and select the power icon

If you are still having issues with the app, can I ask that you complete this survey to assist our test & development teams?

We're sorry again for the inconvenience!

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Darrell34 This message was authored by: Darrell34

Could we please have an explanation, in lay terms, of what the update/fix deployed yesterday consisted of? I was waiting for a Sky Go update in the usual way, available from Play Store. I didn't receive anything like that. 

I'd also like to point out that not a single person has posted that their Chromebook problem has been resolved. 

This message was authored by Kenneth+M This message was authored by: Kenneth+M

I've completed the Survey. 

This message was authored by Dmgdriving This message was authored by: Dmgdriving

Tried everything, including the reboot, but no luck.

I've completed the survey too @Chloe-W22 

This message was authored by steppy This message was authored by: steppy

Survey completed for an  Asus Flip C302C model.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion