Discussion topic: No sound on Videos in Sky News app (iPhone 13)

This message was authored by SkyCustomer9877 This message was authored by: SkyCustomer9877

No sound on Videos in Sky News app (iPhone 13)

No sound or options to adjust volume on Sky News app videos. The "listen to this article" feature works, but any video has no sound whatsoever, the same video works on chrome/safari but not in the app. Reinstalled twice, still doesn't work. No option to report app errors, any ideas how to resolve? 

All Replies

This message was authored by flanger This message was authored by: flanger

Re: No sound on Videos in Sky News app (iPhone 13)

I have the same issue also iPhone 13, surely someone somewhere knows what's the matter.

Actually taking the phone off silent mode allows the sound within sky news to play if watching video reports, haven't figured out yet how to let the sound be heard while on silent mode, it will be a silly setting somewhere, someone said something about ensuring the slider in sounds is set up while it's off silent mode, bug gered if I can find it.

This message was authored by Tim9999999 This message was authored by: Tim9999999

I messed around for ages to find a solution to lack of sound on sky News. I found it eventually. They won't allow sound unless you switch on "allow tracking". I'm not impressed so I've switched tracking back off and will allow it only if I really need it. You can get the text readout on News if you click on the "cc" button even when tracking is blocked. 

Thanks for that, I eventually found that if my iPhone is on silent mode it doesn't play sound via sky news videos, if it's off silent mode it does, although I am convinced there was something somewhere in the settings I clicked re playing sound as kept getting caught out watch news reports at work but can't find it however if it's just silent mode then it's a little embarrassing as I think I may turning into my dad who can't even use WhatsApp.

I tried switching tracking on and it's working so I switched tracking off & it's still working so I can only think something in the last update has been changed, will wait it out and see what happens next, I can only conclude it's something to do with Apple.

After much crashing and freezing it the sky news app and almost giving up on this phone I discovered it is background app refresh causing the problems, ensure it's switched off and all should go back to normal, I uninstalled sky news and reinstalled it and my mental health is back to normal but seriously don't ever switch on background app refresh in your settings, will see how this goes but I am already feeling good about it. Fingers crossed- wish me luck 🍀.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion