Discussion topic: Channels 103-105 in the Sky Go app should be the HD versions of those channels

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Channels 103-105 in the Sky Go app should be the HD versions of those channels

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AJH wrote:

@Chloe-W22 

Hello Chloe, please see attached.

Note this is after turning ON WiFi and Restarting Sky Go and clicking 'TV Guide'.

Then I don't see 'Watch on iPhone' or 'Record to Sky Box', I only see the line with 'All Channels'.

Sky Channels 103-105 showing as HD when on WiFi.jpeg

@AJH thats because you are at home and the Sky go app is connected to your Q box so is replicating the channels on your Q box once you turn of your wifi signal Sky Go will disconnect from your Q box and revert to the 2 options 

Multiscreen allows 2 phones/tablets to connect to your Q box and act almost as mini boxes where you can watch/record programmes alos access and download recordings so almost acting as a mini box but on a smaller screen 

If i've have got the wrong end of your query to @Chloe-W22 then I apologise 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by AJH This message was authored by: AJH

Re: Channels 103-105 in the Sky Go app should be the HD versions of those channels

@Laing1 , no need to aplogise. This was in response to @Chloe-W22 request to provide a photograph.

As previously mentioned I realised I had made a mistake, regarding HD channels vs. being on/off WiFi, which I have commented on to my own post.

I am also frustrated we cannot use 103-105 for HD to set up recordings when on Cellular / different WiFi, whilst 101 & 102 HD does allow it. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AJH wrote:

@Laing1 , no need to aplogise. This was in response to @Chloe-W22 request to provide a photograph.

As previously mentioned I realised I had made a mistake, regarding HD channels vs. being on/off WiFi, which I have commented on to my own post.

I am also frustrated we cannot use 103-105 for HD to set up recordings when on Cellular / different WiFi, whilst 101 & 102 HD does allow it. 

@AJH it is a pain and i've in the past forgotten this and recorded sports in SD 🙄

for some reason it's been like that for years the online TV guide is exactly the same

with your Sky boxes the old HD+ boxes and the Q boxes they do smart swap where if you have the HD pack then the HD channels will show on the lower numbers and if you don't then the SD channels are on the lower channels

as @Chloe-W22 says smart swap doesn't happen on Sky Go so whether yhis is something that can be activated or added if Sky Go doesn't have this afraid only Sky will know this and probably only the developers 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion