Discussion topic: Apple+ 6 free months Total nonsense sign up

This message was authored by BigJock666 This message was authored by: BigJock666

Apple+ 6 free months Total nonsense sign up

6 Month FREE Apple+ sign up - after wasting 5 bloomin hours of my only free day this week it still does not work. I used Android phone + PC desktop (NOT mac) + TV all to create an Apple id, which then FORCES you to give card details for payments - in other words forced to give away infor for a FREE 6 month trial which we will no douby forect about and they they take from our banks monthly! Free my toosh!

Anyway - used 3 x different cards from self/wife to register ALL 3 rejected saying either problem with card or not in use in the UK - TOSH!

Eventually talk to sSKY after 15 mins wait (so much for VIP!) told a load of tosh - not able to help can I transfer you to SKY Q help but will be 29-49 mins further wait!!! WHAT??????

Then contact Apple via chat - told NOTHING they can do - what Iphone do I have? whats the serial number? what pc you have? whats the serial number??? TOLD them all this at start of chat - android and windows pc! after hours of this tosh gave up but found posts that say...you CANNOT get Apple pay and subsequently free Apple+ TV UNLESS you have an Apple device because we cant process your payment methods!!! WHAT????? 5 hours to hear that?

Does ANYONE know any different??? SKY and Apple both appear not to know....

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Apple+ 6 free months Total nonsense sign up

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BigJock666 wrote:

all to create an Apple id, which then FORCES you to give card details for payments - in other words forced to give away infor for a FREE 6 month trial which we will no douby forect about and they they take from our banks monthly! Free my toosh!

Unfortunately that's a stipulation by Apple for all their 'free trials': they are quite notoriously partial to making a profit.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Apple+ 6 free months Total nonsense sign up

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

To be fair it isn't just Apple who do that as Disney are the same and there will be other companies out there, perhaps not even in the entertainment business, where you have to provide payment details before being able to access a free trial period.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion