Discussion topic: All BBC channels no longer listed in Sky Go

This message was authored by Gidzilla This message was authored by: Gidzilla

Re: Why have BBC channels complexly disappeared from Sky Go??

Things "always being this way" is no excuse. SD has been decommed now. Wouldn't surprise me if sky are dragging their feet because BBC won't let them stream through Sky Go.

This message was authored by AJH This message was authored by: AJH

Re: All BBC channels no longer listed in Sky Go

This is very irritating to have to scroll to 801 & 802.

I don't care that SD doesn't exist.

i would like the HD listings to appear on 101 and 102 and not have to waste my time scrolling to 801/802 for no benefit.

I don't watch on iPhone or iPad. I use iPhone/iPad to review programming and send requests to Sky box to record programs.

Someone said this is a BBC issue not SKY, which is clearly not the case. SKY is responsible for placing the program information in the SKY App, nothing to do with the BBC, at least as far as I could understand!

It seems to me that SKY have been noticeably absent in responding to this issue.  

This message was authored by aceofhearts This message was authored by: aceofhearts

@AJH This is the first reply containing useful info. It does seem to be a Sky issue.  Today the BBC channels are also absent on the iPhone (as well as iPad).  Also CNN is missing.

Solution as always, switch off and on again - which has restored these missing channels on both devices.

I have't done the obvious which is to go through all channels to find out which other ones drop. This is a Sky problem right? Perhaps a Sky rep can respond. ANYONE THERE PLEASE?

I've tried all the normal steps, e.g. exit & restart Sky Go, remove then reinstall Sky Go, power iPhone off and try again.

Nothing  has helped.

What is curious is that the Sky box shows BBC1 and BBC2 programs on 101 & 102 respectively. Presumably these are now HD thus rendering 801 & 802 obsolete, or at least duplicates? 
So why Sky hasn' fixed the 101/102 listing issue is beyond me! Is Sky even looking at the problem?

This message was authored by nstokes This message was authored by: nstokes

I did also have this issue but seems all ok today

Sky Q 2TB, 2 x Sky Q mini
This message was authored by BMBowden This message was authored by: BMBowden

The issue is with the Sky Go app not the Sky Q box.

This message was authored by PRW88 This message was authored by: PRW88

Re: BBC Channels no longer listed on Sky Go or Sky TV Guide

This is a problem that Sky go should have sorted before removing the Sky record app which actually worked,

same attitude Sky took to allowing ITVX app to be included months after it was launched.

I pay Sky to provide a decent service on sky Q and these stupid errors and glitches seem to arise and Sky engineers haven't a clue how to solve  them  expeditiously

This message was authored by audray This message was authored by: audray

I have exactly the same issue the app says I need to upgrade to hd. The tv shows hd. It's been going on too long now. Yeaterday I rang sky got told to reboot sky box, delete and reinstall app. Neither worked. Then told it would take 4 hours and be sorted.   Still waiting on that call !

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@audray 

Have you tried the HD channels from BBC if you are trying to set a recording, they can be found at 801 and 802.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
swainsy
Topic Author
This message was authored by swainsy This message was authored by: swainsy

@audray yes, Sky are pretending that they don't know what the issue is here, but they do and the advice they're giving people to delete the app / turn on and turn off is just nonsense.

They just need to put the HD versions of channels 1-5 onto channels 101-105 on Sky Go, mirroring the TV EPG, but they are choosing not to do that.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@swainsy wrote:

@audray yes, Sky are pretending that they don't know what the issue is here, but they do and the advice they're giving people to delete the app / turn on and turn off is just nonsense.

They just need to put the HD versions of channels 1-5 onto channels 101-105 on Sky Go, mirroring the TV EPG, but they are choosing not to do that.

@swainsy not exactly true Not all of the customer advisers will know what all of the problems with Sky products are so there will be some who don't know this problem so its not fair saying Sky are pretending

I agree with you what the solution is

but have you ever wondered why on Sky Go and the online EPG when you are not at home the SD channels including the sports channels (401 upwards are SD) and some of the cinema channels are in the lower number positions rather than the HD channels. 

There must be a reason so it may be that Sky can't just swap the channels to lower number positions 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by BMBowden This message was authored by: BMBowden

The Sky+ app is no longer working. With no BBC channels on Sky Go app, the only way to record any BBC programme is via the Sky Q remote. A most unsatisfactory situation which Sky must prioritise now.

Not quite true.

BBC1 and BBC2 are on 801 & 802 respectively on SKY Go App.

One can send the record request from there.

But I believe that really these should be reflected on 101 & 102 (to save scrolling through 800 channels).

SKY as a company has been noticeably absent from this thread.

It would be appreciated if SKY would provide meaningful answers as to:

• Why we are in this position?
  • If it will be fixed?
  • If it will not be fixed, why not?

Regards
Tony

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@AJH wrote:

Not quite true.

The post above was not talking about the Sky Go app but rather the Sky+ app.

@AJH wrote:

SKY as a company has been noticeably absent from this thread.

That is because this is a customer helps customer forum so if you want that question answered then you can email the apps team via this address - apps@sky.uk

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Thank you.

I have already tried to get a response by calling SKY and that was less than successful.
And I have seen SKY employees respond on this forum.

But I take you point and I will email the address you suggested.

Regards.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion