Unable To Stream SkyGo Error From iPad, On A Laptop It Says I am Outside Of The UK/ ROI

Runner
Post 1 of 5

Unable To Stream SkyGo Error From iPad, On A Laptop It Says I am Outside Of The UK/ ROI

Hi, 

This issue affects multiple devices from the same IP block, the IP addresses belong to the ISP M247. I have spoken to M247 and they state that Sky could have blacklisted the IPs. I have looked up the IP I was going out on and it does state it is in the UK. I tried to ring Sky but they state they do not block anything. 

I think at this point I need to speak to the infrastructure team/ sky network engineer to try and help. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you. SkyGo Error.pngError from iPad

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 5

Re: Unable To Stream SkyGo Error From iPad, On A Laptop It Says I am Outside Of The UK/ ROI

Are you able to stream on that device when connected to a different connection? 

Runner
Post 3 of 5

Re: Unable To Stream SkyGo Error From iPad, On A Laptop It Says I am Outside Of The UK/ ROI

Yes, if you use a 4G connection for example all OK. I think it is to do with the IPs and luckily I may have an escalation path with the ISP. I was just reaching out to the community to see if anyone has had the issue before. 

Thanks for the reply. 

Runner
Post 4 of 5

Hi, 

Do you have a support email address or contact number? The ISP are saying that Sky are blocking the range of IPs. 

I need to speak to someone past the 1st line team that will understand my query. The customer tried to contact Sky several times but just keeps getting passed off. Any help would be great. Thanks. 

Runner
Post 5 of 5

Any help with this one please? 

According to the ISP, Sky need to take off the IP block in question off a blacklist. I just need pointing in the right direction. We can't get past the 1st line team without getting told this isn't the case. I am stuck between two ISPs at the moment!

Thanks.