Discussion topic: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by nigelk999 This message was authored by: nigelk999

Re: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

I think a lot of people will join you...as Sky dont seem too bothered about fixing the issue its fair to assume that they will get enough converts to Q to make up the deficit....its very shoddy indeed that they seem to be completely ignoring a lot of people who have invested a great deal over the years in their products...and of course we are all still being charged extra for the privelige of having Sky Go despite the fact that we cannot use it properly...it will be interesting to see how many leave at renewal ,or before, and the big benefactor is going to be Virgin of course....

@Jamboross wrote:

I hav e also been getting these error messages coming up on my Lenovo tablet. I must say that since you changed to Sky Q you have just thrown everyone else on the scrapheap with your old boxes. I am absolutely sick of Sky now and I think I will be changing soon unless they are actually going to do something meaningful about it for a Sky subscriber of 18 years now. I refuse to pay for the new boxes and as for your other services, I don't have them because you don't have fibre here yet you've had it available for years. 2019 will be the year I chuck Sky and go with Virgin who can provide me with a service that I expect for my money. All I'd miss is Sky Atlantic, that's it, but I've found that I can get the programmes I like via other services available to me that don't let me down all the time.

This message was authored by StephenCT This message was authored by: StephenCT

It still happens on the Sky Q app on my Samsung Galaxy E Tablet. It never happens on my IPad Mini. 

The only reason that I try to run it on the Samsung is that I leave that at work and my iPad at home. I usually end up getting frustrated and end up watching it on my phone. 

The irony about this whole thing is that Sky actually gave me the Samsung tablet when I signed up to another 12 months of sport, yet it doesn’t run their own app. 

This message was authored by mp260390 This message was authored by: mp260390

Went to watch footy tonight and the same error code has come up on my Lenovo tablet just cuts out after a few seconds or minutes, but works fine on my kindle fire . Also tried uninstalling and other advice but no good. Come on sky this is not good enough

This message was authored by Liz+warne This message was authored by: Liz+warne

Totally agree ive a lenovo , ive uninstalled sky go and reinstalled it to no avail , are sky aware of the problem , i messaged them but nothing back

This message was authored by Liz+warne This message was authored by: Liz+warne

Does anyone know if sky are actually trying to sort this problem

This message was authored by nigelk999 This message was authored by: nigelk999

very good question....the absence of a solution and / or comment directly from Sky would suggest not!

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This is primarily a customer to customer forum, so Sky are unlikely to reply here.

However, they have confirmed elsewhere that they're aware of this issue and making progress on a fix.

This message was authored by davexc345 This message was authored by: davexc345

If you go through on "My Sky",  App problems, Sky refers you to this forum. Sky seem to want others to resolve their problems !.

They have supposedly been trying to sort out the problem for almost 2 years !.

Comments on Twitter, unanswered, comments on Play Store, unanswered, come on Sky, comment please.

Michaelwx
Topic Author
This message was authored by Michaelwx This message was authored by: Michaelwx

Hi. I started this thread back in 2017. I know this is no consolation to everyone who is having this issue at the moment but the problem was resolved for me within a week or so of starting the thread. And then I think this thread goes quiet for a long time, so maybe the more recent reports are for a slightly different problem.

Although Sky should definitley be sorting this new issue out it's not correct to say that they have done nothing for nearly 2 years, the original issue was put right fairly quickly.

This message was authored by RealKaffo This message was authored by: RealKaffo

Nah - it never worked again for me.  I have a tablet now so I took the Sky Go off my phone and it works on that.

Michaelwx
Topic Author

The problem I reported was specifically for a Samsung Galaxy Tab E tablet and not for all phones or tablets. If people are having trouble on a different device to this then maybe a new thread would be better?

This message was authored by RealKaffo This message was authored by: RealKaffo

Maybe - I thought the issue was "Error Code 14" rather than the device though.

Michaelwx
Topic Author

I know. When I started the thread I hadn't considered it was a problem specific to my device, I had just assumed it was a universal problem. So I hadn't mentioned the device in the title of the thread. Maybe once the initial issue was solved then the Sky techie people flagged this thread as 'solved'?

I am only guessing of course,  but maybe starting a new thread might help - or ir might not.

This message was authored by paul1360 This message was authored by: paul1360

Just asked for an update on this issue. Will post back if I get a reply

This message was authored by Dave.M This message was authored by: Dave.M

I have just submitted a one star review on Google Play quoting this error code. 

I suggest everyone else do the same because Sky are definitely dragging their feet. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion