Discussion topic: SkyGo on apple Mac.

This message was authored by Mark+and+Jane This message was authored by: Mark+and+Jane

SkyGo on apple Mac.

I can load the skygo app but when I click on any TV link it just buffers. I have deleated and reinstalled the skygo link but still the same. My wife has a mac and it works fine but just not on mine

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: SkyGo on apple Mac.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there Mark+and+Jane,  I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging, just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147  

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by rob1408 This message was authored by: rob1408

Which Macs ? Is one Apple Silicon and the other Intel for example ?  Sky Go works perfectly on my wife's Air 2017(intel), but on my M2 Air( Apple Silicon) it takes an absolute age to start which I assume is because of Rosetta.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us Mark+and+Jane. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by alan+jay This message was authored by: alan+jay

Does Slky Go work on Apple mac's based on Apple Silicon and if not why can't it run the ipad app?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@alan+jay wrote:

Does Slky Go work on Apple mac's based on Apple Silicon and if not why can't it run the ipad app?

Sky Go is available on the App store?????

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/sky-go/id446086440

But that app isn't available in the Mac app store - only "This app is available only on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV." it would be much better if it was also available for the Apple Silicon Mac's like apple's TV app and Amazon's Prime App (Netflix still haven't spotted the advantages).

This is really annoying when I am working at home and want to watch live sports in a window while working it used to work with my old Mac but the new Apple Similcon one the app starts but doesn't load any content.

alanjay_0-1682924535320.png

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@alan+jay 

You can download the Mac version here:

https://www.sky.com/pages/sky-go/download-the-app

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Permethious This message was authored by: Permethious

yes but it does not work on apple silicone, no matter what help articles, installing / uninstalling it will launch the app but you cannot watch any live tv, it will just hang and crash.

This message was authored by DaveArrows1960 This message was authored by: DaveArrows1960

It used to work on my mac book air (m1 chip) until middle of last year

I absolutely give up - there is only so manay times you can switch off on uninstall re-install ring sky made sure enough free space nothing else running latest mac os etc etc

Sky you are failing us, please can someone sort this out

The only thing I havent done is to completely wipe my machine OR maybe use a virtual windows machine?

Not ideal or without cost - not a happy sky customer

BTW my old 2013 macbook works fine 😞 I cant carry two machines around

Its entirely frustrating that Sky seem to NOT want to support apple silicon macs and they could just tick a box and the iPad or iPhone version would just run and be a much better experience.

The JS version just doesn't actaually work in practice how ever many times i try and it would be nice to be able to watch the F1 practice sessions in a window on my Mac while I do other things its annoying and frustrating esepcailly when it would take two seconds to fix.

Maybe one day sense will previal.  When travelling I find I use apps that are avaialble Amazon Prime Video/Apple TV+ much more becasue they have native apps.

Alan

This message was authored by DaveArrows1960 This message was authored by: DaveArrows1960

I spent ages yesterday on this and found that somehow my install of Rosetta 2 is buggered and it's not an easy uninstall reinstall so I'm going into apple Covent Garden tomorrow evening with Mac under my arm - keep you posted 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion