Sky go won't connect

Researcher
Post 16 of 23

Re: Sky go won't connect

You have to wonder does Sky actually monitor these pages? Surely even the least talented member of Sky staff can see there is a major issue for many of their customers and yet they do nothing about it or even acknowledge there is an issue.

Just what are we paying for and why are we being ignored each and every time we contact the support team?

How can we get this resolved, it is now more than 2 weeks since the last upgrade caused the failure and it was 3 weeks after the "new app" was foisted apon us before we managed a weeks viewing, so for the last 3 months there has been nothing but issues with a program advertised by Sky as being available to all users on their tablets and computers!

Can someone from Sky actually speak to to their customers and inform them of when this is going to be resolved?

Oracle
Post 17 of 23

@Flyfisher2327 wrote:

You have to wonder does Sky actually monitor these pages?

Yes sky do monitor the forums, there are a collection of trusted customers who they commpunicate to/through via a close forum called “The Green Room”

Annie Sky+HD Customer since 1989 I DO NOT work for sky!
Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology
Researcher
Post 18 of 23

If that is the case, why is nobody offering a solution? If they "test" these products prior to release, why is this new Sky Go app such a failure?

The number of users using Windows 10 64 bit computers should expect any new software to be tailored to their needs, yet when you look at Cisco Videoguard it is a 32 bit program but the Sky Go is 64 bit yet it is supposed to work seamlessly!!

If you (or any other testers) have any influence why are you not insisting at the very least Sky acknowledge the issue and put an explination on the web site so their customers can at least see they are trying to resolve the issue rather than leave it to thier Customer Support team to instruct averyone to uninstall and reinstall the program and then offer to pass them on to their "tech team" who will telephone them and talk them through a solution, yet never do?

It  is unfair paying customers are treated in this way.

Oracle
Post 19 of 23

Quite a few of us paying customers beta tested this app. I personally was able to use it on 4 different Windows 10 machines (some 32 bit, some 64) and didn't encounter any of these issues.

On one lower powered device, I had to exclude the Sky Go and Cisco directories from the virus scanner, but that's all.

Sky Go is a 32 bit application, not 64 (just checked in Task Manager on my current machine and that confirms it).  They communicate via tcp/ip anyway, so even if they were different it wouldn't cause any issues.

Sky are aware that some of their customers are having problems with the app on some devices and are working with Cisco to resolve them.  

Researcher
Post 20 of 23

Having managed to get Sky Go to work, I had two weeks of watching without issue, until there was an update and then Sky Go stopped working and all I get is error code 7005. Having lost count of the number of times I have unistalled and reinstalled Sky Go and Cisco all without success I tried contacting Sky and they suggested the same thing but could offer no resolution and the offer of them telephoning me back failed to materialise. If someone is more knowledgeable than me with computers the following my be of help. I tried installing Sky Sports app, and while this also did not work, I discovered that it installed Cisco version 9 rather than 10 which is installed with Sky Go, when I removed Vidoeguard 10 and then tried Sky Go, it got to the stage of opening the home page and it was possible to go through the various options and it was only after I tried to watch the sport did it then throw up and error message once again. I assume that this indicates that the error is of Cisco's making as their new update clearly does not work as well as the older version, as to how to use this knowledge is beyond me, but I hope someone else can identify and offer a resolution. 

As to the issue of which computers it will or will not run on, this is not an isolated case judging by the number of people having issues with this app, unfortunately, these are spread out over numerous posts because not everyone has the same error message and it also appears that after the error message regarding "cannot connect in a timely manner" it then throws up other error codes. Clearly it is not a few, but there must be many others who are equally frustrated but do not post their concerns. Surely it is not a lot to ask for Sky to acknowledge the issue and give some indication as to how long it will take for this to be rectified!

New Viewer
Post 21 of 23

i too now have this issue,i have been using it fine everyday and came to use it yesterday and now getting the timely manner error,i have done the steps mentioned here deleing both cisco and the sky go app reinstallled them and cant get it to work,i rely heavily on watching sky go on my laptop and confussed this has just happened out of the blue

Executive Producer
Post 22 of 23

The suggested fix for me was half way there. I had to install as admin and then also run as admin.

Clears that error but get the stupid 7005 error instead.

Researcher
Post 23 of 23

Having checked "manage your devices" my computer has not been able to connect with Sky Go since the 26/06/2018, yet the other 3 devices (I have Sky Go Extra) all connect 2 are android while the other is Fire HD. Why is there such an issue with computers being able to connect, it appears this is not only a Windows problem as many Mac users also complain that they cannot connect!

Still nothing from Sky and still nothing in the newspapers or in the public domain, why do Sky customers have to put up with such bad service, the banks the NHS and various providers such as Yahoo and Facebook were all ridiculed because of software issues yet nobody dares question Sky's incompetence, why?