Sky go extra app won’t allow me to download programs.

Researcher
Post 1 of 9

Sky go extra app won’t allow me to download programs.

My partner is watching Love Island as we travel around the EU on her iPad. However while some programs in the series can be streamed to the device others in the same series can only be downloaded to the sky box at home. Any one got any ideas? I’ve already tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but to no avail. When I look at other series on catch up, I see this problem turns up randomly elsewhere. It shows as symbols I.e ▶️ Or ⬇️

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 9

Re: Sky go extra app won’t allow me to download programs.

Hi @DublinB

There is no fault with this as this is just the way it is is I'm afraid, some content no matter what the program is can only be sent to our sky boxes while other can be downloaded via the app. Sky Go now shows all available content as you can also set recordings via it now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 3 of 9

I can’t understand why for example the last four nights of the same program can be watched while the one from last night cannot? It doesn’t make any sense!

Oracle
Post 4 of 9

@DublinB wrote:

It doesn’t make any sense!

It is up to the channel themselves to make the content available to download so if ITV hasn't done this then it would be down to them and could be a rights issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 5 of 9

Thank you for trying to give me an answer. But it doesn’t explain why most of the shows are available to watch on line yet last nights and another random one fro approx two weeks back are only available to download to my box at home. 

Is is there any way I can watch my recordings on my bail at home ? 

Runner
Post 6 of 9

I am having the same problem with Elementary on Sky Witness. I have watched 19 episodes by downloading onto my Kindle via Sky Go, but episode 20 just has the down arrow meaning it can only be downloaded to the sky box. Why is this?

Executive Producer
Post 7 of 9

@Geh25 wrote:

I am having the same problem with Elementary on Sky Witness. I have watched 19 episodes by downloading onto my Kindle via Sky Go, but episode 20 just has the down arrow meaning it can only be downloaded to the sky box. Why is this?

I would check again as I see the play arrow and selecting it does play it.

Researcher
Post 8 of 9

I noticed on the program we were following approx 1 per week was not available to play and it occurred right the way through the series including the final which was only available to download. Don’t know who is responsible as Sky advise it’s not there problem but it is rather annoying

Runner
Post 9 of 9

How bizarre!  It is now working!  I wonder why that happens!  Thanks for the repsonses.

Recommended Threads
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
Zoeelouisee 23-07-2018 03:34 PM
Friday 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
2 weeks ago 09:29 AM