Sky go and adverts

Oracle
Post 16 of 30

Re: Sky go and adverts

@Atiez wrote:

@Annie+UK wrote:

You are given Sky Go at no additional cost so the adverts pay for your standard Sky Go service

No. You pay your subscription and everything that is included in the subscription has effectively been paid for. You don't get things for free from Sky. 

That’s strange when Sky Go launched my subscription cost at the time never increased

Annie Sky+HD Customer since 1989 I DO NOT work for sky!
Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology
Runner
Post 17 of 30

Thats not entirely true, some of us pay for the sky go + and atill have to sit through nonsense adverts.

@Annie+UK wrote:

You are given Sky Go at no additional cost so the adverts pay for your standard Sky Go service

Oracle
Post 18 of 30

@JBLich wrote:

Thats not entirely true, some of us pay for the sky go + and atill have to sit through nonsense adverts.

@Annie+UK wrote:

Sky Go Extra is chargeable (£5 per month) but standard Sky Go is not

Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology
Runner
Post 19 of 30

WHich is what I said, we PAY for sky go extra.  

Oracle
Post 20 of 30

@JBLich When you pay for Sky Go extra your paying for the ability to register on more devices including consoles, your not paying for the Sky Go service as that remains free.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.

imagebam.com
Runner
Post 21 of 30

Found the sky employees guys!!!

I rang and yeah now youve got to suck up the adverts whther you pay (we do) or not.  Typical Sky - Service and quality continues on the the decrease -  price and less value for your money on the increase.

Oracle
Post 22 of 30

@JBLich wrote:

Found the sky employees guys!!!

I rang and yeah now youve got to suck up the adverts whther you pay (we do) or not.  Typical Sky - Service and quality continues on the the decrease -  price and less value for your money on the increase.

Where did you find the Sky employees? Certainly isn't @daveNOS , @Annie+UK or me..

Oracle
Post 23 of 30

@JBLich Who are the Sky employees you've found ?(let's face it there not hard to spot ad they have the Sky logo next to their username)

If you mean me and Annie then your wrong as neither of us work for Sky in any capacity, we are customers and nothing more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.

imagebam.com
Oracle
Post 24 of 30

@JBLich wrote:

WHich is what I said, we PAY for sky go extra.  

Actually you said “Sky Go +” which does not exist as a product

BTW my forum signture says “I do not work for Sky” and I don’t have the sky logo next to my user name

Director of Photography
Post 25 of 30

@JBLich wrote:

@JBLich

Can you tell me from where you have gained the impression that Sky, in any guise, would ever be advert free?  I'm really keen to know because I have never read nor heard of that offer from any source available to me. 

Executive Producer
Post 26 of 30

Sky Go downloads are advert free.

Director of Photography
Post 27 of 30

@ianpaul1 wrote:

Sky Go downloads are advert free.

Best he watches via that method then.

Runner
Post 28 of 30

Thinking Of Going To BT .

I agree with and the longevity of these adverts is really dissatisfying  . I recently watched a Tv programme on Sky only to go through seven minutes of adverts in between, I mean I’am paying good money to watch these programmes only to discover the longevity of these adverts , it is disgusting and I’am getting rather tired and thinking of going to BT ,

Runner
Post 29 of 30

Yeah right , your totally wrong .

You should know ‘we’ the consumer pay through the nose for this rubbish . I sat through seven minutes of adverts in between Dads Army only to sit through another seven minutes ten minutes from the end of the programme , on UK-Gold that is not on .

I will switch to BT only so much you can take , everyone is on about Sky and the number of adverts and the longevity of the adverts is worse .

Oracle
Post 30 of 30

@rotti88 You do realise that there will be adverts on BT aswell don't you?

If your complaint is about the length of advertising on a channel not owned by Sky(such as UK- GOLD) then you really should be asking the channel owner why they allow so much advertising in between shows.

Whether you want to acknowledge it or not Sky have zero control over content broadcast by other companies , they only sell them a slot on the epg(this includes Sky Go aswell).

imagebam.com
Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
Zoeelouisee 3 weeks ago 03:34 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM