Sky go and adverts

Runner
Post 1 of 30

Sky go and adverts

Why oh why oh why do I have to sit through the adverts again and again when I am trying to find where I am upto in a box set or catch up... It's doing my head in and totally unnecessary... It's like being spammed and actually paying for it...

It's supposed to be a free service with my package, not another way to ram adverts down my throat... Find a way to fix it... Or a fast forward... Netflix is far superior to your stupid set up... 

All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 30

Re: Sky go and adverts

Try downloading them.

Runner
Post 3 of 30

I do on the set top box but I don't want to fill up my tablets memory... It's really annoying.... I watch loads of streaming stuff from all over the Web but the way sky do it is frustrating... 

Executive Producer
Post 4 of 30

Yeah I agree they are rather annoying.

There are no adverts on downloaded content though so maybe download 2 or 3 episodes at a time if you're short on space.

Just bear in mind you can only download items twice.

First Assistant Director
Post 5 of 30

There are adverts on downloaded content viewed via the Q App. Does Season 3 of Madam Secretary for example have no adverts via Sky Go?

SkyQ 2TB 2160P 10Bit - Samsung UE40JU6400
Q Mini 1080p - Samsung LE40A656
All wireless connection, Box Sets Bundle with Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. BT Home Hub 6 with 52Mb fibre.
Executive Producer
Post 6 of 30

No adverts. Sky Q app is the same, I think, but I can’t use it to check. 

You may get adverts as you may be transferring a recording from the Q box?

Executive Producer
Post 7 of 30

Oh and don’t press the play button on the screen where you download it from. 

Go back to the homepage and navigate to downloads to play it. 

First Assistant Director
Post 8 of 30

Yes, I download to the Sky box so Mrs MO can watch it later... This is all getting very complicated but i'll try downloading to the iPad and playing from the On my iPad section. Smiley Happy

Thanks @ianpaul1

All wireless connection, Box Sets Bundle with Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. BT Home Hub 6 with 52Mb fibre.
First Assistant Director
Post 9 of 30

I've just tested it:

• Watch online - ADVERTS
  • Download to Sky box SD/HD and play on iPad - ADVERTS
  • Download to iPad and play from the download page - ADVERTS
  • Download to iPad and play from the On my iPad page - NO ADVERTS!!! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again @ianpaul1 - this was getting to be a bit of a dealbreaker when it comes to renewal time.

Boom Operator
Post 10 of 30

This is totally rubbish - how many more ways can  SKY find to fleece their customers and <removed>!  Sky Go on Windows provides no way I can find to avoid the adverts - you are forced to watch a hughe amount of them before starting viewing (5 x 2 minute adverts on my latest try).  Appalling.  As soon as I can move off sky and onto a different platform, the better.  Netflix/BT/Amazon here I come!

Moderator Note: Removed swear word.

Executive Producer
Post 11 of 30

Downloading the content will remove the ads.

The old Silverlight was better as you could just use an adblocker to block them on the streams and save downloading.

Researcher
Post 12 of 30

Adverts on Sky Q and Sky Go cannot be fast forwarded or skipped. Sky are taking a liberty. Why should I pay for Sky Cinema and then have to watch several minutes of ads every time I start or restart a movie? Ruins the user experience. SKY --- STOP IT NOW!

Oracle
Post 13 of 30

You are given Sky Go at no additional cost so the adverts pay for your standard Sky Go service

Annie Sky+HD Customer since 1989 I DO NOT work for sky!
Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology
Executive Producer
Post 14 of 30

Try the Sky Cinema app if you just want to watch films. No adverts on there.

Viewer
Post 15 of 30

@Annie+UK wrote:

You are given Sky Go at no additional cost so the adverts pay for your standard Sky Go service

No. You pay your subscription and everything that is included in the subscription has effectively been paid for. You don't get things for free from Sky. 

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
Zoeelouisee 3 weeks ago 03:34 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM