Discussion topic: Sky Sports app won't update

This message was authored by Reuben3626 This message was authored by: Reuben3626

Sky Sports app won't update

The Sky Sports app indicates it requires an update;

'Update available

We've made changes to the video experience in the app. Please tap "Visit Play Store" and update to the latest version.'

However, when I do this, the play store says:

'This app is no longer compatible with your device. Contact the developers for more info.'

I have sent an email to apps@sky.uk but haven't yet received a response.

In the details of the app it says it supports Android 5.0 and above, and the Android version of my device is 6.0.1. Therefore, I do not understand why I cannot install this latest update.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Sports app won't update

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I am seeing the same about updating so am doing this now, I am also on Andriod 6.0.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Reuben3626
Topic Author
This message was authored by Reuben3626 This message was authored by: Reuben3626

I actually tried that. Then it wouldn't let me reinstall the app on my phone on the play store so I had to reinstall it another way. 

Another thing I have tried, suggested online, was to clear the cache and data of the play store app and also of Google Sevices but that did not help either.

I can't find anywhere online of anybody else having the issue I am so it is quite frustrating as to what is going on.

Not sure what is going on for you as it has installed OK on my 6.0 device and it works perfectly ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Reuben3626
Topic Author

This is what I see:

Screenshot_2021-08-04-19-37-03.pngScreenshot_2021-08-04-19-43-28.png

As I said, it is very odd as my Andriod was running 6.0 and updated fine without any issues.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion