Sky Sports Mobile App not working on new phone - iPhone X

Runner
Post 1 of 4

Sky Sports Mobile App not working on new phone - iPhone X

I had previously been using the Sky Sports Mobile TV app on my last handset (an old HTC one m8) with no problems but recently moved to an iPhone X.

I subscribe to Sky Sports Mobile TV through my Vodafone package.

Whenever I try to play content on the new iPhone, it seems to try and load and then displays the Play symbol with a line through it - see photo. 

Photo 12-07-2018, 12 21 37.pngMedia not playing!

I have contacted Vodafone about this - they have tried cancelling and renewing my subscription and also removing the previous device but it doesnt fix the problem.

It seems to play Sky News through the app (without sound), but none of the other channels.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

All Replies
Oracle
Oracle
Post 2 of 4

Re: Sky Sports Mobile App not working on new phone - iPhone X

@chris+b+12 What iOS software version are you using? If you are using the beta version of 12 it won’t work you would need to roll it back to the current software.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Runner
Post 3 of 4

I was using the beta of iOS 12 and rolled back to iOS 11 earlier this week. Seemed to do the job, it now works!

I did question Sky as to whether this was a reason why it wasnt working but they said they hadnt had any other reports of this issue.

New Viewer
Post 4 of 4

Having same issue on iPhone X iOS 12.1 unable to use Sky Mobile TV...frozen on download after entering account details. Tried reinstalling...still doesn’t work. App works fine on non updated Apple devices...please help!!

Recommended Threads
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
Zoeelouisee 23-07-2018 03:34 PM
Friday 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
2 weeks ago 09:29 AM