Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

Runner
Post 16 of 49

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

Thanks for this - slightly worrying it's taken 3 weeks though...

I'll try the number when I'm back in UK - let me know if anything positive happens though would you please?

Thanks

Runner
Post 17 of 49

Hi all,

Having the same issue with PFE4218 and PFE9004.

To get over the issue of the PFE4218 error message I went onto a web browser and did a redownload of the .netframe 4.1.7 for windows 10. link below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8515

I knew I had already had the newest version and this was confirmed when it did a scan....However after this and went back into the skygo app watching live TV or playing a movie worked.

They still are working on the PFE 9004 code however.

Re the specs for the PC/Laptop to run this update.

DirectX9 or above

CPU: Minimum of 2.1GHz dual or quad core

2GB of system ram

DirectX compatible audiocard

Researcher
Post 18 of 49

So several months on and this error code PFE 9004 is still not solved.

I have tried everything and all I can get from google results is Sky are aware of the problem and are "working on it"

HAS ANYONE SOLVED THIS PFE 9004 error?

As with others I can watch live but not watch downloaded programs. The previous Sky Go ap was working fine for me!!

Well done SKY, I'm actually paying for this!

Researcher
Post 19 of 49

Nope....heard nothing and it still doesn't work as advertised.

Since it's well advertised as a feature (ie download content to watch offline later) I think we should be entitled to some credit for loss of service....

I'll give Sky a call tomorrow and request it....hopefully it will be worth the hour or so sat on the phone......

Viewer
Post 20 of 49

Hi All

Am having the same issue on win10 brand new laptop. I subscribe to sky internet and phone, sky q and the whole package, so very miffed that there is no sky q app for win 10 after paying a lot of money every month. Having installed latedst version of sky go on my new laptop, I can watch content fine. So im going on holioday and downloaded a load of stuff to watch on the plane. Get on the plane, go to watch ....and pfe 9004 on every program! Bloody marvellous. Comon on Sky, get it sorted - we are paying for this rubbish. I am registering this issue and my discontent this morning when they arrive at 0830. I urge everyone to do the same asap.  

Viewer
Post 21 of 49

See my post on this. Very Unhappy. Same issue. %th May

Viewer
Post 22 of 49

Sorry, that was 5th May

Viewer
Post 23 of 49

So I phoned the number in this thread and spoke to Graham (gwi16) who was very dissmissive and uncaring. He said he would record and immediately close a case as it was a known issue. Nothing further: no helpful update, no idea when it may be fixed, no compensation (as Sky go is a free app) no possibility of speaking to a manager as the manager was on leave and sky had seen fit not to re-deploy another manager to be available). The only information I got was when I asked a direct question such as 'how do I identify you' because he wouldnt give me his surname), how can I escalate this and what is the reference number for my complaint (to which he suddenly said 'which I was about to give you'. yes, of course you were.

As Im paying sky well over £100 a month this was not acceptable, so I phoned back on the sky rewrads black number and spoke to someone a bit more helpful. I am now a bit more hopeful that someone will look into the progress of teh resolution of the pfe 9004 issue, and get back to me witha meaningful update. Also I undertsand that someone will be listening to my converstaion with 'Graham' in the hope that his customer service traing gets an update (please sky). 

Sound Supervisor
Post 24 of 49

@LOTR88 wrote:

Hi all,

Having the same issue with PFE4218 and PFE9004.

To get over the issue of the PFE4218 error message I went onto a web browser and did a redownload of the .netframe 4.1.7 for windows 10. link below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8515

I knew I had already had the newest version and this was confirmed when it did a scan....However after this and went back into the skygo app watching live TV or playing a movie worked.

They still are working on the PFE 9004 code however.

Re the specs for the PC/Laptop to run this update.

DirectX9 or above

CPU: Minimum of 2.1GHz dual or quad core

2GB of system ram

DirectX compatible audiocard

I think Sky's official full spec is :

Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1 or 10
Intel based processor Dual Core or Core2 Duo with 2.1 GHz per CPU or AMD processor with 2.9 GHz
(and RAM over 2GB)
2 GB system Ram - DirectX 9 compatible video card with 1 GB DDR2 RAM, 600 MHz GPU clock rate
and 5 M pixel-per-second fillrate
DirectX compatible audio card

600MHz GPU clock rate and 5 M Pixe-per-secondl fill rate..hmm.. 

Sound Supervisor
Post 25 of 49

Once you get past that you'll then sadly probably have the issue of that bloated, inefficient software suddenly guzzling up 100% of the CPU with the accompanying dropped frames and lip-sync issues.

The software is basically a mess I'm afraid.

Runner
Post 26 of 49

Any news back from SKY? Have the same error code, allows me to download a program but will not play.

Runner
Post 27 of 49

I could not watch downloaded content.  I also could not watch it streamed.  I deleted all the downloaded content and this allowed me to stream.  Watching offline is an epic fail!!!

New Viewer
Post 28 of 49

Hi all, just wanted to confirm I am getting exactly the same error.

I had to download the new app half a dozen times and  eventually it allowed me to download the programmes, but I cant play them.  Mine is a surface on windows 10 and less than a year old, so its nothing to do with that.  I was relieved to find others had the same problem, because I shant waste time on my holiday trying to sort it out.  I also will be asking Sky for a refund, as the old system worked perfectly well and the new one simply does not.

Its the 18th May, so this has clearly been going on for months

Runner
Post 29 of 49

I have 2 identical Microsoft Surface Pro machines and this error appear on one but not the other.

Both can stream live TV but only 1 can watch downloaded content.

Spoke to Sky about 3 weeks ago and still have had no feedback.

Sound Supervisor
Post 30 of 49

@The+Boardmans wrote:

I have 2 identical Microsoft Surface Pro machines and this error appear on one but not the other.

Both can stream live TV but only 1 can watch downloaded content.

Spoke to Sky about 3 weeks ago and still have had no feedback.

Hi

I had this problem initially and it was only cured by uninstalling Sky Go and Cisco Videoguard completely..including deleting the Cisco Videoguard folders in the Windows users profile (appdata and local data) and then for good measure emptying the recycle bin as well!

A clean installation after all that and the error disappeared.

Hope that helps.

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
Zoeelouisee 3 weeks ago 03:34 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM