Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 16 of 119

Re: Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

This is not an isolated issue SKY - come on sort it out.....I am going to stop my Dieect debit this month as I am now payiong for a service that does not work. I will start paying again once Sky sort this out. Simply consumer rights I imagine - you pay for a service or you don't pay.

Oracle
Post 17 of 119

@DBsixseven wrote:

This is not an isolated issue SKY - come on sort it out.....I am going to stop my Dieect debit this month as I am now payiong for a service that does not work. I will start paying again once Sky sort this out. Simply consumer rights I imagine - you pay for a service or you don't pay.

Just a word of warning, stopping your DD is not a good idea as it could backfire badly, your subscription is not solely for sky go as sky don’t provide that as a service on its own

Annie Sky+HD Customer since 1989 I DO NOT work for sky!
Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology
Runner
Post 18 of 119

i had the same error.....checked task manager and had "Snipping tool" running in the background. Shut it down and all working fine now...

Hopefully will help some...

Boom Operator
Post 19 of 119

Unfortunately, it sounds like you are using a Windows machine, as the Mac doesn't have Task Manager...

Thanks for the feedback though....

Runner
Post 20 of 119

I have the same problem. I'm not runnign any other apps. Sky doesn't let me watch from the website, it makes me use this app. But now the app won't run as it has error code PPE 9903.

Runner
Post 21 of 119

Absolutely - snipping tool was stopping it for me - makes sense!

Boom Operator
Post 22 of 119

Where do you get this new 3.2 version of the app, when I get to download it, all I am getting is the  1.0.21-1

Boom Operator
Post 23 of 119

@KDCBwrote:

i had the same error.....checked task manager and had "Snipping tool" running in the background. Shut it down and all working fine now...

Hopefully will help some...

Does someone know how to do something similer on the mac - I have forced quit everything but no joy - Is there another app that will show tasks running in the background that might be causing this ?

Boom Operator
Post 24 of 119

@RSTC428wrote:

Unfortunately, it sounds like you are using a Windows machine, as the Mac doesn't have Task Manager...

I just answerd my own question - This is how you do it on a Mac

http://osxdaily.com/2013/05/17/see-all-running-apps-mac-os-x/

Runner
Post 25 of 119

Thanks this worked for me! Use the activity monitor to close the apps running in the background.

A week of talking to sky couldn’t fix it, this took 30 seconds 👍🏼

Runner
Post 26 of 119

@wexford+userwrote:

@RSTC428wrote:

I just answerd my own question - This is how you do it on a Mac

http://osxdaily.com/2013/05/17/see-all-running-apps-mac-os-x/

Thanks following this link worked for me! Use the activity monitor to close the apps running in the background.
A week of talking to sky couldn’t fix it, this took 30 seconds 👍🏼

Boom Operator
Post 27 of 119

I know how to use Activity Monitor on the Mac, but do you know which process or processes to shut down? I can't find anything obvious....

Runner
Post 28 of 119

@RSTC428wrote:

I know how to use Activity Monitor on the Mac, but do you know which process or processes to shut down? I can't find anything obvious....

I went into the energy tab, selected the app and then clicked on the x in the top left corner and quit all the apps I didn’t know I had running. 

Runner
Post 29 of 119

@ji36wrote:

@RSTC428wrote:

I went into the energy tab, selected the app and then clicked on the x in the top left corner and quit all the apps I didn’t know I had running. 

Obviously not the red x.. the x below it. When you hover the mouse over it it says ‘force a process to quit’

Boom Operator
Post 30 of 119

@ji36wrote:

@ji36wrote:

@RSTC428wrote:

Obviously not the red x.. the x below it. When you hover the mouse over it it says ‘force a process to quit’

Yes thats it!

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
Zoeelouisee 3 weeks ago 03:34 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM