Discussion topic: SKY GO tries to open and constantly crashes on my laptop. PLEASE HELP!!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: SKY GO tries to open and constantly crashes on my laptop. PLEASE HELP!!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky have always said that their apps don't support Beta software so it shouldn't be a surprise that you are having issues with Windows 11 seeing as it is in beta.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by DiegoC This message was authored by: DiegoC

Yes, sadly this happens after months of issue never solved in Windows 10, so this is sad. I'm trying to find a solution myself, that's why i have upgraded to win 11. Actually is like an improvement since at least i can see a program code error other than just a crash. And yes, my pc is full clean and formatted. 

This message was authored by Craig+Cowburn This message was authored by: Craig+Cowburn

Right click app and click run as admin - finally worked for me

This message was authored by Jonny+R This message was authored by: Jonny+R

Fine if Sky don't support Beta. However they don't support production either. Indeed the only time the Sky Go App worked on my Windows PC was the first time I installed it on Windows 11. It never once worked on Windows 10, and after the first time on Windows 11 it's never sucessfully loaded again. 

This message was authored by dugalbug This message was authored by: dugalbug

@DiegoC

I had the same problem, i.e. sky go crashes and problem seems to be "ucrtbase.dll error"

I tracked the problem down to my virus softaware, which in my case is "Bitdefender antivirus free edition"

To fix the problem I added an exclusion for "C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Sky\Sky Go\Sky Go.exe" to bitdfender

Sky go now works and i have also reported the problem to bitdefender

If bitdefender fix the problem I will delete the exclusion

This message was authored by rjrcooper This message was authored by: rjrcooper

Thanks! That worked for me - after trying it a few times. 

This message was authored by DiegoC This message was authored by: DiegoC

Thanks for the advice, but sadly i tried right now and doesn't work for me. 

I was using Windows Antivirus, but today i've installed Bitdefender, added the exclusion, still get the ucrtbase.dll error.

I guess i'm just unlucky.

Thanks for the advices btw 🙂

This message was authored by dugalbug This message was authored by: dugalbug

No problem @rjrcooper  ... glad to hear it helped

Sorry to hear you had no luck @DiegoC 

And just for clarity for anybody reading this in the future make sure you replace [YOUR USERNAME] with your actual windows username, don't type in "[YOUR USERNAME]" 😀  e.g. "C:\Users\simon\AppData\Roaming\Sky\Sky Go\Sky Go.exe"

This message was authored by Jonny+R This message was authored by: Jonny+R

My latest theory is that its something to do with having a VPN installed on your machine. Two Windows 10 machines on my network on which Sky Go works don't have VPNs installed. When I try launch Sky Go on my principlal PC With Express VPN on with a UK location selected, but with an exception in the VPN settings not to route Sky Go through the VPN I get an error message telling me Sky Go cant connect to the network. However with the VPN turned off or the exception removed so it is being routed through the VPN it simply crashes with no warning at all. 

I'll get to the bottom of this or my name isn't Captain Ahab.

This message was authored by rjrcooper This message was authored by: rjrcooper

When I say that worked for me I was referring to running it as Admin. It didn't work the first couple of times (the app just hung like it did before) but after shutting it down and starting it up again as Admin a couple of times it worked eventually. 

This message was authored by ian+in+dublin This message was authored by: ian+in+dublin

Same problem - am completely up to date with windows update and Sky Go keeps crashing.

I've followed the recommeded process uninstall app, delete folders, re-install app etc. etc. and its still not working.

This is very frustrating.

This message was authored by col-66 This message was authored by: col-66

@Allan+Allison I was having the same problem, after trying all of the suggested fixes I found online without success, I turned off my antivirus real time protection (bitdefender free), sky go now works flawless, uninstalled bitdefender and am now using kaspersky free along with sky go with no problems, hope this helps somebody

This message was authored by lowjimaccount This message was authored by: lowjimaccount

If you're using Asuswrt-Merlin firmware on your router, and have Diversion installed, then adding bskyb.hb.omtrdc.net to the Diversion whitelist fixed it for me. 
I had previously tried uninstalling, removing the SkyGo/Videoguard directories from my local profile etc, to no avail. 

This message was authored by hornmeister This message was authored by: hornmeister

Nice one thanks fixed it for me.

This message was authored by TheDrownedApe This message was authored by: TheDrownedApe

Just popped in to say i haad the same error with bitdefender, adding this exclusion worked for me 🙂

thanks

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion