SKY GO Error PFE 12000

Answered
Go to Answer
Boom Operator
Post 91 of 466

Re: SKY GO Error PFE 12000

@Djann wrote:

I was talked through this process when I rang this afternoon nbut it made no difference.

And I have the same problem with Now TV which seems to be basically the same program.

I think these are apps for Windows 10 which Windows 7 users are being forced to install - the IE/Silverlight option should have been retained until they were certain it would work on Windows 7 machines.

I tried the exact same walk through via chat and it didn't work for me either. Incidentally, I'm using an up to date Windows 10, so it  has nothing to do with the OS. The whole program is just so sluggish. I get Index.html not responding, then it will suddenly load but then it takes a time for the programme guide to load. If I do get something to run, I usually get an initial video, which pauses immediately, while the audio carries on for about another 20 seconds, before stopping and causing the whole thing to lock uo and crash. Only way to close the app then is from the taskbar.

Boom Operator
Post 92 of 466

having issues with this code i have uninstalled and installed 4 times gettin sick to deathi am on my aspire r14 windows ten.

it was working fine now the app change and this i  am in and out of hospital for radiotherapy and this keeps me going no nothing im getting a headache trying to fix this .

can anyone help simple fix as not a computer whizz.

running windows 10 laptop 

Researcher
Post 93 of 466

@breezer wrote:

having issues with this code i have uninstalled and installed 4 times gettin sick to deathi am on my aspire r14 windows ten.

it was working fine now the app change and this i  am in and out of hospital for radiotherapy and this keeps me going no nothing im getting a headache trying to fix this .

can anyone help simple fix as not a computer whizz.

running windows 10 laptop 

Try this, it worked for me and for others and I have windows 10 on an Acer Aspire.

You will need a phone with 4g. Log your PC onto 4g wifi hot spot, open the app and choose a programme to watch and it should work. Log out and close the app and the disconect from the 4g hotspot and log back in to you router. Open the app again and it should be working although some people do still have issues. Its all to to with the licence for the app. It's clear Sky do not have a clue. Hope this woks for you.

Sound Designer
Post 94 of 466

There is an error code.

It should give Sky's developers or whoever they had write the thing an idea of where and why the problem is occurring.

I haven't yet had something start to run, even sluggishly or with only sound, it just hangs at the point where it should start playing, then eventually the error code is displayed.

I was watching my recording of Legion fromTuesday and the signal had been lost a couple of times, so I thought, OK I can finish this on Sky Go... Oh, I can't...

Of course it coukld be Nature's way of telling me watching Legion is bad for my brain...

Sound Designer
Post 95 of 466

Nobody should need to be a computer whizz to run an app to play Internet TV.

I hope the radiotherapy goes well.

Sound Designer
Post 96 of 466

I suspected it might have something to do with licencing.

That happened a while ago with the web service and Silverlight.

Eventually it was sorted out, but not after a lot of forum conversation like we're having now.

G4 phone coming home next week!

Community Manager
Post 97 of 466

I have been informed this morning that troubleshooting will not rectify this error. It's something we're working to fix on our end. I'll provide updates when I can. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Sound Supervisor
Post 98 of 466

@Sam-R wrote:

I have been informed this morning that troubleshooting will not rectify this error. It's something we're working to fix on our end. I'll provide updates when I can. 

I assume you're talking about the problem of it hammering the CPU?

It appears the PFE 12000 error can be 'got round' by connecting once via a phone in 4g hotspot mode.

Sound Designer
Post 99 of 466

Workarounds shouldn't be necessary.

Boom Operator
Post 100 of 466

@Sam-R wrote:

So why not re-enable web browser access to Sky Go, until the fix is released?

Sound Designer
Post 101 of 466

Seconded!

Sound Supervisor
Post 102 of 466

Thirded and also disable the one device change rule as some will have to re-register devices to use IE11 again. 

Sound Designer
Post 103 of 466

I have just been reading some archived forum posts from when sports and cinema apps were intoduced last year.

Same sort of problems.

They do seem to have had the Silverlight option still available, though.

Sound Supervisor
Post 104 of 466

I tried that app, in fact I may have started the thread you were reading. The picture and sound problems were identical. 

Sound Designer
Post 105 of 466

That means you and other people who tried those apps must be twice as frustrated as those who have only had the frustration of dealing with this one.

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
10-02-2018 01:57 PM