SKY GO Error PFE 12000

Answered
Go to Answer
Researcher
Post 76 of 476

Re: SKY GO Error PFE 12000

I had the same issues and CS were no good, found the answer on the forum and now works fine for me, connect your PC/laptop to the phone 4g signal and the open the app, it then started to work for me. log out and close the app and log the PC back on to your wifi, open the app and select a programme and it should play, works for me now without issue

Sound Designer
Post 77 of 476

I may well try that - when the 4g phone comes back from Australia...

Researcher
Post 78 of 476

We'll it worked for me so good luck.

@Djann wrote:

I may well try that - when the 4g phone comes back from Australia...

Sound Designer
Post 79 of 476

I only installed on my Windows 7 laptop because I am having trouble downloading the autumn Windows 10 update on my Win 10 ones and didn't want the fuss of two device changes and having to ring Sky to get them reinstated.

I have done everything you did with the same lack of result.

I get to the point of playing (also with Now TV which a friend has and gave me a slot) but nothing happens. wshich is very frustrating as the app clearly works but it looks like a problem with getting the licence.

I hadn't seen what Sky had done with the channels, as I'd had enough of real world tech problems and went off to see if Tony Stark's worked any better in the new Avengers film,  but I looked this morning and it's not as bad as I thought - since they won't put the +1 channels in the obvious place immediately after the main channel having them all together in the 200 range makes finding one a bit easier, but if you knew the channel numbers you wanted it is very annoying and totally unneccessaryv as most "improvements" seem to be.

Runner
Post 80 of 476

Having had this problem i have now found out that sky are using a VPN software detection system that will block access to sky go if they detect a VPN or your location is outside UK, after many minutes pushing a sky technical help bod he finally admitted they started using it for ios and PCs in mid april i have been looking for a work around as i travel a lot and so far the only way i have found a bypass is with NordVPN whos app now uses a cloaking algorythm that negates VPN detection, so it looks like i will need to subscribe to them when free trial ends.

Oracle
Post 81 of 476

@Biglad71 wrote:

Having had this problem i have now found out that sky are using a VPN software detection system that will block access to sky go if they detect a VPN or your location is outside UK, after many minutes pushing a sky technical help bod he finally admitted they started using it for ios and PCs in mid april i have been looking for a work around as i travel a lot and so far the only way i have found a bypass is with NordVPN whos app now uses a cloaking algorythm that negates VPN detection, so it looks like i will need to subscribe to them when free trial ends.

Sky Go can legally be used in the EU now without a VPN.  They'll continue to improve VPN detection techniques, so don't be surprised if NordVPN also stops working eventually though.

Runner
Post 82 of 476

I was worried about that but NordVPN team assured that the cloaking they use in their app is undetectable and renders the VPN app software invisible to any incoming internet connections, they say it makes any VPN detection think the app is ios software and as that is propriety sky cannot change or detect, i will sign up to a month first and test in US and Canada for next few weeks, but the trial version works so far in California, it only has 4 UK connections but the subscribed app has 99 UK connections and cheekily Nord are using Sky servers as a connection so if sky detect it theyd be detecting their own servers? My current VPN said theyd have a work around by end of May, if they do i wont subscribe to Nord

Oracle
Post 83 of 476

Not sure it's wise posting on Sky's own forum that you're planning on attempting to use their service outside the terms & conditions you agreed to...

Sound Supervisor
Post 84 of 476

The 4g work round has solved my PFE 12000 problem.

Now working OK on ethernet through my fibre router.

The sound quality is terrible and I mean terrible! It stutters like hell! The picture is jerky too.

I'm using a 300/300 fibre connection. 

Researcher
Post 85 of 476

@Stephen+McCartney wrote:

The 4g work round has solved my PFE 12000 problem.

Now working OK on ethernet through my fibre router.

The sound quality is terrible and I mean terrible! It stutters like hell! The picture is jerky too.

I'm using a 300/300 fibre connection. 

Good news, I have no issues at all with picture or sound and am using my normal wifi, whoever came up with this fix is quite clever..

Sound Supervisor
Post 86 of 476

What spec is the pc you're using. 

I'm using an Intel NUC 5CPYH, Celeron N3050 4gb ram, which should be more than good enough for streaming video! 

Sound Supervisor
Post 87 of 476

@rscott wrote:

Not sure it's wise posting on Sky's own forum that you're planning on attempting to use their service outside the terms & conditions you agreed to...

When will Sky live up to its own T&Cs and provide a streaming service that works in the UK! 

Researcher
Post 88 of 476

Intel core i3 with intel HD graphics and 4GB DDR memory

Sound Supervisor
Post 89 of 476

When I run the SkyGo app my Celeron N3050 (2 CORES) maxes out at 2.16 ghz (100%).

That is ridiculous for a portable app for streaming video.

Ram is about 50%.

Sound Supervisor
Post 90 of 476

I was watching the champs league on BT Sport with Sky app open to chat with Sky CS about problems with SkyGo app. My CPU  which is at 100% when watching Sky Go, was at about 50% streaming BT Sport and chatting with Sky app..

When I closed Sky app, BT Sport could stream perfect picture with perfect sound at 10% CPU.

This supposed to be for portable devices  not gaming PCs. 

Sky, get your fecking act together! 

Recommended Threads
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
Zoeelouisee 23-07-2018 03:34 PM
Friday 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
2 weeks ago 09:29 AM