SKY GO Error PFE 12000

Answered
Go to Answer
Oracle
Post 61 of 476

Re: SKY GO Error PFE 12000

Those of you who got it to work via 4g, which ISP did it not work with?

Researcher
Post 62 of 476

@TrishMcG wrote:

This worked for me. Connected via Mobile Hotspot on 4G and the Sky Go app started working. Switched back to Wifi and its running fine. Thanks for the help. Sky apps are sh!te, always have been

Glad it helped. You’re right about Sky Apps; I had to configure multiple wireless networks on my router at home because the Sky+ App can’t cope with band switching between 2.4GHz and 5GHz.  It’s rubbish having to nobble wireless performance to be able to use it on my iPad (Sky box wireless adapter is 2.4GHz only).
Researcher
Post 63 of 476

@rscott wrote:

Those of you who got it to work via 4g, which ISP did it not work with?

PostOffice broadband where I am at the moment.  But like I said, it’s more likely to be the (home) router than the ISP’s network.

Runner
Post 64 of 476

I had the same problem on my Macbook Pro. Restarted my laptop and now it works fine 

Runner
Post 65 of 476

Thank you! This worked for me. 

“It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.”
― Dale Carnegie
Sound Designer
Post 66 of 476

I'm having exactly the same problem on a Windows 7 laptop with a fairly high spec and less than five years old.

I too worked as a developer for 25 years and we never put in changes without the old version of a program there to swap back in if there were problems.

Sound Designer
Post 67 of 476

And I just spent the last two and a half hours trying to sort it out, first via a Facebook Messenger conversation which came to an end after an hour od mostly waiting because the person I was talking to didn't recognise my Sky password, which apparently isn't the Sky Id one but one I set up nearly twenty years ago when I first had sky and have completely forgotten, then talking so someone who took me through the uninstall/install process a step at a time, without it making any difference, who the added me to queue waiting to talk to a tech person but I have better things to do than hanfg on the phone to talk to somebbody who probably doesn't know what's going on, so I hung up.

The person I did speak more or less admitted it didn't work...

I hope they get around to fixing it sometime soon because I'm starting to think seriously about Netflix and Amazon...

Viewer
Post 68 of 476

Try this

1: uninstall the Sky GO app and Cisco VideoGuard

2:make sure you can view hidden files. To do this, open your ‘file explorer’, click the View tab then make sure there’s a tick next to Hidden Items.

3:click (CSmiley Happy Drive then go to User > [yourusername] > AppData > Local > Cisco > then delete the 'VideoGuardPlayer' folder if this exists        ( It may be in LocalLow file)

4:click (CSmiley Happy Drive then go to User > [yourusername] > AppData > Roaming > then delete the 'Sky' and 'Sky Go' folders

5Smiley Surprisedpen the Downloads folder, then delete all ‘SkyGoInstaller’ files.

6Smiley Surprisednce you’re done, empty all Sky Go and Cisco folders from your Recycle Bin

7:if you can now reinstall the Sky Go app through http://Sky.com/watch/sky-go/windows

8:check if the issue has been resolved

9:I had a Code 0000 error at first, i restarted app and it worked

Sound Designer
Post 69 of 476

I was talked through this process when I rang this afternoon nbut it made no difference.

And I have the same problem with Now TV which seems to be basically the same program.

I think these are apps for Windows 10 which Windows 7 users are being forced to install - the IE/Silverlight option should have been retained until they were certain it would work on Windows 7 machines.

Boom Operator
Post 70 of 476

Hi Razor05

I hope it works for other Windows users.  I have a Mac computer so the instructions will not works for me.

Something did change on my Mac.  I no longer get PFE 12000 - I now get 'Error Code 17001'

Regards

dchesters

Sound Designer
Post 71 of 476

I'm now watching All4 using primitive Flash but it works...

Sound Designer
Post 72 of 476

It's the official Sky response.

When it doesn;'t work you're added to a queue of techs and eventually get fed up with waiting...

New Viewer
Post 73 of 476

On Windows 10 found the installer put the file in user/appdata/roaming. moved the Sky and sky go to cSmiley Tonguerograms and opened from there and it worked.

A slow crappy jittery worked but nothing less than i expect after using it on IE.  A similar tact on MAC might yeild results. Hope this helps.

Runner
Post 74 of 476

now let me get my head around this........

SKY own the App

Sky's App fails

Sky send us an error code PFE12000

SKY who owns the App don't know what PFE12000 means 

SKY still take FULL subscription off us and will not acknowledge that they have a fault.

...................Please make a statement SKY.................

and tell us what YOU are doing about this issue. Not what WE should do

Researcher
Post 75 of 476

As soon as I saw that browser viewing was no longer supported and I needed to download an "app", I despaired. Having experienced how awful both the Sky+ and Sky Go apps were on my phone, I went in with low expectations.... And even they weren't met. Same as many above - Windows 8.1 laptop, never had any issues with the browser version, nothing but Error PFE 12000 since the forced change. Renamed dlls, made firewall allowances, uninstalled, reinstalled, moved folders, jumped through every hoop listed above and still nothing.

Between this and the channel reordering debacle, what exactly am I paying Sky for? Certainly not customer support anyway.

Recommended Threads
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
Zoeelouisee 23-07-2018 03:34 PM
Friday 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
2 weeks ago 09:29 AM