SKY GO Error PFE 12000

Answered
Go to Answer
Boom Operator
Post 46 of 466

Re: SKY GO Error PFE 12000

Kind of made some progress.

Got home, resarted laptop and both SkyGo and SkySports Player seem to be working.

Not much use really because my TV is at home and I'd rather watch on that, but at least I know the desktop app installation is ok.

Sky BB  is the ISP at home.

Think the ISP is TalkTalk at my office - shouldn't be a problem though because the mobile SkyGo app on my phone works ok over the office WiFi.

Very strange.

Will try the desktop app again at the office on Monday... 

Runner
Post 47 of 466

Managed to fix this on Mac.

Went into 'Finder', then to 'Downloads' and double-clicked the 'Sky Go Installer'

It redownloaded the app from there and worked straight away

hope this helps

Boom Operator
Post 48 of 466

Anyone else suggesting renaming Sky files to see if it helps Sky out can go suck it. Either the app has yet another fault or they've updated it and made a balls of it. If a clean reinstall after deleting all the folders doesn't work then the app is faulty. Its not my PC or ISP or starsign.

Boom Operator
Post 49 of 466

Indeed...evident that this is a new and unknown error since they have forced user to access via the App.

I think this is absolutely atrocious...error message asks us to ring a clueless customer services...that actually aren’t answering nor can fix.

I work for a large bank and believe me, if we had released something like this, we would have been crucified and would have actually communicated to our customers. There would have been some decision with regards to rolling back the changes too.

Absolute amateurs...absolute joke of a company.

Boom Operator
Post 50 of 466

Worked in IT for my sins and it would be unprofessional in the extreme to release poorly tested code into the Production service. A readable release version and the option to forgo or rollback an update would be nice. Doesn't the sheer length of the error code give one pause?

After the reinstall I now get "Error code 0000 - Please try again later."

"It doesn't work" error I suppose.

Oracle
Post 51 of 466

Just to point out @TitusB that I do not work for Sky as you seem to believe, I thought my signature made that quite clear. The posts I have made here come from Sky who are investigating these issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 52 of 466

I'm aware you don't work for Sky, it's just that you seem to believe any old nonsense that "THEY!!!" tell you. Plus they do seem to tell you a lot, the rest of us are fobbed off by drones on the Help Desk. Have a nice day.

Might be nice if Sky shared their unconsidered views with the whole forum community. Then you wouldn't be left as the token Oracle - views on the future with no basis in evidence.

"as you seem to believe" is the key phrase here. Either you are unfamiliar with the principles of a forum where all contributors share their honest views on a topic making my scepticism of "what Sky told you" (there is a big hole in Isleworth and Sky are looking into it) personally upsetting or you really know more than you are letting on, making you a fraud. If you have a perfect Sky Go service why are you here? If not then come clean or get another outlet for your need for attention. There are people here who feel betrayed. by Sky. Help or go away!

Boom Operator
Post 53 of 466

P.S.

If the Forum Admin ban me, I have to ask who posts sixty thousand times to a forum dedicated to complaining or praising a subscription service? I just don't have the time. After 20 complaints I'll just cancel it. And my bot wouldn't be so touchy and would actually parse the input so as not sound like a sociopath. Love and peace.

Oracle
Post 54 of 466

@JPCheshire wrote:

Indeed...evident that this is a new and unknown error since they have forced user to access via the App.

I think this is absolutely atrocious...error message asks us to ring a clueless customer services...that actually aren’t answering nor can fix.

I work for a large bank and believe me, if we had released something like this, we would have been crucified and would have actually communicated to our customers. There would have been some decision with regards to rolling back the changes too.

Absolute amateurs...absolute joke of a company.

Ahem. Should I mention the TSB upgrade... Smiley Wink

Sky are aware of the issues affecting a relatively small portion of their user base ( they can see the stream usage stats so have a pretty accurate idea as to how many are affected by this) and have made various suggestions to try and identify the cause.

Their biggest issue is that the symptoms don't affect all users - even on OSX where there's a much smaller range of hardware and drivers to consider. That makes replicating the issues within their diagnostic platform extremely difficult.

Boom Operator
Post 55 of 466

Fair point with Lloyds TSB...good job I don’t work for them 😉

Runner
Post 56 of 466

Temporary fix that worked for me on Win 10 PC. Create a new user on your computer, sign into that account, go to Sky Go through browser (internet explorer) and it hasn't prompted me to download the player. Now watching through the browser with no problem!

Production Supervisor
Post 57 of 466

@RalfHUe wrote:

Temporary fix that worked for me on Win 10 PC. Create a new user on your computer, sign into that account, go to Sky Go through browser (internet explorer) and it hasn't prompted me to download the player. Now watching through the browser with no problem!

@RalfHUe

That facility will disappear very soon, in days perhaps as support for Silverlight, required to view in a browser, is finally withdrawn.

Researcher
Post 58 of 466

Hello,

I haven’t used Sky Go for a few weeks so missed the changeover from browser-based access to the App.  I installed the App on two different devices today - both Windows 10 1709 - and after logging in found I also got the PFE 12000 error code when trying to run content.  During this time, the iOS App continued to work fine, as it has done for some time.  So the issue appears to be with the desktop App.

After some diagnostic steps, long story short, I’ve now got the App working on both devices - one laptop and one desktop.  To achieve this, I configured a hotspot on my phone and connected the laptop wireless adaptor to that, so it was accessing Internet over 4G.  Launching the App after connecting that way resulted in content running successfully.  With the desktop, which doesn’t have a wireless adaptor, I tethered my phone via USB to use the 4G connection that way.  Again, content would then run successfully.  I then reconnected both devices to broadband - one over wireless and one wired, and after closing and re-launching the App content continues to be accessible.

so the initial conclusion I’m drawing from that is that the App needs to achieve some kind of background registration or one-off actions, and once it achieves that it seems to work fine.  Presumably the router or ISP is preventing whatever that background task is from succeeding - most likely the router.  I haven’t looked into what - yet - typically it’s something like uPnP, but could easily be something else.  The App is using Cisco VideoGuard, so it could be related to a pre-requisite for that too.

I only did this earlier today, so haven’t had enough time to know whether this is a robust solution / workaround yet, and don’t know what will happen when the App updates itself in the future - i.e. whether these actions will need to be repeated.  Time will tell!

And no, I didn’t try to talk to Sky Customer Services...

Anyway, I hope this information is useful to someone.

BW,

GB

PS: the other thing I noticed was that the device registration in Sky Go is different for a device using the App - I had two entries for the same device; one for the previous use via the browser, and one new registration for the device with the App. So it’s possible you may have to manage your registrations to remove the older, now redundant registration(s).  Presumably the digital signature is different.

New Viewer
Post 59 of 466

This worked for me. Connected via Mobile Hotspot on 4G and the Sky Go app started working. Switched back to Wifi and its running fine. Thanks for the help. Sky apps are <removed>, always have been

@GeneralBob wrote:

Hello,

I haven’t used Sky Go for a few weeks so missed the changeover from browser-based access to the App.  I installed the App on two different devices today - both Windows 10 1709 - and after logging in found I also got the PFE 12000 error code when trying to run content.  During this time, the iOS App continued to work fine, as it has done for some time.  So the issue appears to be with the desktop App.

After some diagnostic steps, long story short, I’ve now got the App working on both devices - one laptop and one desktop.  To achieve this, I configured a hotspot on my phone and connected the laptop wireless adaptor to that, so it was accessing Internet over 4G.  Launching the App after connecting that way resulted in content running successfully.  With the desktop, which doesn’t have a wireless adaptor, I tethered my phone via USB to use the 4G connection that way.  Again, content would then run successfully.  I then reconnected both devices to broadband - one over wireless and one wired, and after closing and re-launching the App content continues to be accessible.

so the initial conclusion I’m drawing from that is that the App needs to achieve some kind of background registration or one-off actions, and once it achieves that it seems to work fine.  Presumably the router or ISP is preventing whatever that background task is from succeeding - most likely the router.  I haven’t looked into what - yet - typically it’s something like uPnP, but could easily be something else.  The App is using Cisco VideoGuard, so it could be related to a pre-requisite for that too.

I only did this earlier today, so haven’t had enough time to know whether this is a robust solution / workaround yet, and don’t know what will happen when the App updates itself in the future - i.e. whether these actions will need to be repeated.  Time will tell!

And no, I didn’t try to talk to Sky Customer Services...

Anyway, I hope this information is useful to someone.

BW,

GB

PS: the other thing I noticed was that the device registration in Sky Go is different for a device using the App - I had two entries for the same device; one for the previous use via the browser, and one new registration for the device with the App. So it’s possible you may have to manage your registrations to remove the older, now redundant registration(s).  Presumably the digital signature is different.

Moderator Note: Removed bad language.

Runner
Post 60 of 466

I have just removed device from PC and then readded it, it now works fine

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
10-02-2018 01:57 PM