SKY GO Error PFE 12000

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 436 of 476

Re: SKY GO Error PFE 12000

I'm getting 7005 error now. Please restart app etc.

Oracle
Post 437 of 476

@valbob

Fot the 7005 error try uninstalling the App and delete the Cisco Videoguard Player folder in AppData > Local > Cisco > VideoGuard Player and AppData > LocalLow > Cisco > VideoGuard (delete this) and the Sky Go/Sky folders in App Data > Roaming. These folders and files might be hidden so in windows explorer you need to allow it to show hidden files.

Do a search on your PC and delete anything Cisco related.

Then try installing the app again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 438 of 476

I have fixed, thanks to this forum, PFE 12000. Now getting PFE 7007. If anyone knows what that is I would love to spend a few more hours making a simple app work because Sky cant get it right!

Director of Photography
Post 439 of 476

@dchestersplease unmark the answer as it is not the answer. Thanks.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Researcher
Post 440 of 476

I'm running  Windows 7 Ultimate and the app hasn't worked on my PC since it was released. I was told it would be working by June 28 but its not. I am a old school CSE so I do know what I'm doing. I  have stopped the cisco video guard in processes, done a complete uninstall, deleted all associated folders,  emptied the recycle bin, restarted the computer, did a fresh install, restarted the app , no picture just sound and no error code. (which is the same issue I've had since day one).  I shut down the app,  I've renamed the PepperRenderer.dll to PepperRenderer.dllold started the app received error code PFE 12000 (same error I got the last god knows how many times I've done this process) , closed the app renamed the file back to PepperRenderer.dlll restarted the app and still not working..  The only change since the updates on the 28th is instead of a blue screen with sound but  no picture  I now have a black screen with sound and no picture..  I pay over £100 a month and not getting the service. This needs to be resolved.

Researcher
Post 441 of 476

The update last week seemed to have cleared up the PFE 12000 Error as the App has been fine since

However, tried this morning and now getting Error PFE 4306. Not touched a thing so why has this suddenly popped up after several days of it working okay?

Researcher
Post 442 of 476

Hi Tony.71  In my opinion the app appears to be a beta version (beta version = app  or program that has been developed and not completely tested in regards to forward and backwards compatibility before release).  So as we test it on  a variety of computers and operating systems it gives errors. As we report each error they try to fix it and by doing so it can create a new error. Changing one line of code can create for example syntax, runtime,  semantic, compile time, or logical errors somewhere in the coding and each time you fix one it can create another.  I would guess that one of the fixes they have tried is what has caused your new error.

Runner
Post 443 of 476

I followed the guidance outlined in this link from Sky to resolve for Windows 7 and it's worked.

The main point was amending the short and long dates that seems to have worked for me..... hope this helps

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-go/error-pfe-desktop-app-windows

Director of Photography
Post 444 of 476

I have my Windows 10 date set to US format and Sky Go works.

Researcher
Post 445 of 476

Thank you D1ckie but I've already tried this with no luck in getting it working. 

Researcher
Post 446 of 476

Getting PFE 12000 Error AGAIN

What the hell is happening with this Sky Go App. Do the developers of this App actually know what they are doing? You do not release a App that does not work, especially one like this without it being tested first

I have to mess around re-installing the App every day for it to work

Researcher
Post 447 of 476

Skygo app hasn't worked on my pc since we were forced to install it.  We should be getting paid as beta testers since the app team obviously is to young to understand that cisco is <removed> as anyone old enough to be certified in the NT4 track will tell you.  Its obvious the app team have no clue on how to make it work in a multi platform envoronment. We should be getting paid or refunded for the <removed>  service the app team is providing.

Moderator Note: removed bad language

Director of Photography
Post 448 of 476

I don't know why the PFE 1200 error is happening, but for me, Sky Go is working on two different Windows 10 based computers. It worked straightoff with no fiddling, no reinstalling, nothing other then installing. So while some say Sky Go doesn't work, I say it does.

Researcher
Post 449 of 476

JonW42 it does seem to work on newer pc's running windows 10 and windows 8 .1 and they even have trouble shooting info for those operating systems but  has never worked from day one on my PC  running Windows 7 and they can't seem to get to work. All I get is sound with no picture on live tv and if I try to watch sky cinema or catch up  the adverts run fine with picture and sound then when the movie or show starts it back to sound with no picture.  I have to say I'm disgusted with the way they forced this app on us with out testing it for backwards compatability and ensuring it worked.

Researcher
Post 450 of 476

Its more about laptops not working. My lenovo is only 2 years old I have finally got it to worl ONLY TO FIND it stutters and lags and is impossible to continue to watch!  

And if you Google that you will find many people in also in that position. SKY please sort this out!

Recommended Threads
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
Zoeelouisee 23-07-2018 03:34 PM
Friday 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
2 weeks ago 09:29 AM