SKY GO Error PFE 12000

Answered
Go to Answer
Series Linker
Post 31 of 466

Re: SKY GO Error PFE 12000

@caesarome wrote:

Hi all, 

Sky have asked if you guys could try this if you have a PC but you will need Admin rights to do so:

1. Make sure the App is closed

2. Navigate to C:\Users\<%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Sky\Sky Go\resources\app.asar.unpacked\dist\src\ppapi and rename the PepperRenderer.dll file to PepperRenderer.dllold

3. Open the App and produce the error

4. Close the App once the error has been produced and then rename the file to it's original file name of PepperRenderer.dll

5. Re-open the app and see if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how you get on.

Do you know how to do this on mac? I have found the PepperRenderer file however it is called libPepperRenderer.so

I tried to change it like you did with the PC version however it didn't work.

Thanks

Series Linker
Post 32 of 466

@dchesters wrote:

Hi caesarome

thank you for getting involved.

i have a MAC so cannot help.  I do hope it works.

regards

It didn't work on mine, however the file is still there.

If you want to give it a go, find the SkyGo app symbol in finder, then right click on it (control and click if you have one of the funny mouses) and click on show package contents. Go to the resources folder, then app.asar.unpacked (its the third icon for me). If you follow this through to the PepperRenderer.bundle then show the package contents again then in MacOS it is there. It is the same file, just with a slightly different name due to it being the Mac version

Hope this helps

Runner
Post 33 of 466

We are experiencing the same problem on a Laptop (Lenovo i7) in Italy.  We pay for the subscription in the UK and additional for the sports channels.  Customer support, if you can call them that, are texting with things to try but clearly they have no idea.  We also tried to run on an i5 Pro 3 and they claimed it was the processessor speed - we know this is not true because we ran it in the UK on the same device!   They asked us to rename the file as per this tread but that didn't work either.

We also have an Amazon Fire TV box but we can't download the app because Amazon say it is not available due to Geo restrictions - I guess we should have done this before we left the UK.

The odd thing is that this app runs on an iPhone 8!!

Keep up the pressure - seems they are very good at collecting subscriptions - just a shame they don't have the same smart approach to fixing problems.

Boom Operator
Post 34 of 466

Hi Julie7368

Well there seems to be a lot of people are having problems.

I wonder when Sky will get the problem fixed, if not soon then they should bring back the browser version.  You do have to wonder if the app developers do proper system testing!

Regards

Oracle
Post 35 of 466

@Julie7368 wrote:

We are experiencing the same problem on a Laptop (Lenovo i7) in Italy. 

Can you try what I posted above @Julie7368 so the information can be fed back to Sky who are looking into this.

@MrsMySkyWontWork @dchesters

The Mac version:

1. Make sure the App is closed

2. Right click on Sky Go from the dock > select options > Show in finder

3. Right click on Sky Go and select Show Package Contents

4.  Select Resources > Scroll to find app.asar.unpacked > dist > src > ppapi

5. Rename the file PepperRenderer.bundle to PepperRenderer.bundle.old

6. Open Sky Go and create the error

7. Close the App and then rename the file name change from step 5. back to PepperRenderer.bundle

8. Open Sky Go to see if it fixes the issue

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 36 of 466

I have done what have suggested.

I opened the OS Sky Go app on my iMac and Ididn't get the PFE 12000.

Instead I gote the Error Code: 17001.  I repeated the operation more than once and got the Error Code: 17001 each time.

I hope this helps 

Runner
Post 37 of 466

Windows 10 laptop, same problem. Tried changing the DLL file as suggested, has made no difference.

Boom Operator
Post 38 of 466

I have the same error on my Windows 7 laptop - PFE 12000.

Browser version of SkyGo has worked flawlessly for years, so why change it to an app that hasn't been tested properly and clearly isn't fit for purpose?

So frustrating.

Contacted customer services, and they don't know what the error code means, and so far haven't come up with any suggestions.

Tried the PepperRendered.dll procedure I found on here but still get the same error message.

I work with a software team, and when we roll out new code, we always have a roll-back procedure just in case things don't go to plan. We can't afford to have customers that are unable to use our software.

It's a shame that other companies don't employ the same diligence.

Botched "upgrades" this week from TSB and  now Sky. I expect better from both..

Runner
Post 39 of 466

I have had the same problem for a while now on Windows 10.  The "Help" pages only point you to facebook chat, which surprisingly is useless. I was also told to uninstall and reinstall, didn't work, was also told that they'd never heard of it and would look into (apparently they can't be looking at twitter then!).  But heard nothing back. Also complained on twitter which they ignored until I tweeted watchdog too, when they suddenly pretended to be helpful by pointing me to... their help pages!  Also tried the dll renaming - didn't work for me unfortunately.  

Viewer
Post 40 of 466

I have the same problem on MacBook Air. Seems to be whenever I leave my laptop on standby by just closing the lid instead of shutting it down, when error code comes up I just restart my laptop and that seems to fix it. Hope this helps anyone having the same (annoying) problem! 

Boom Operator
Post 41 of 466

Tried using the SkySports Player too.

No joy. just a perpetual spinning wheel of frustration.

2018-04-27 14_24_15-F1 Live Stream - Watch Live F1 TV & Video on Sky Sports.png

Boom Operator
Post 42 of 466

Well I have done the PepperRendered change but I no longer get the PFE 12000 code!

I am now getting Code: 17001.  I have redone the download several times but I am still getting Code: 17001.

Like you I was in the IT industry and yes we always had a fallback procedure just in case thing didn’t work as expected.

Oracle
Post 43 of 466

@dchesters and everyone else.

Who is your ISP ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 44 of 466

My ISP is BT

Series Linker
Post 45 of 466

Hi. Havingthe same issue. Was fine up until this week. Now this error. Windows 10 pc.

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
10-02-2018 01:57 PM