SKY GO Error PFE 12000

Answered
Go to Answer
Sound Designer
Post 136 of 466

Re: SKY GO Error PFE 12000

It would have been wise to delay downloading the app but unlike with the earlier Cinema and Sports apps they didn't leave the IE/Silverlight option for us.

Runner
Post 137 of 466

Having upgraded to the new Sky go app and sufferening the PFE 12000 error i did some reserch online and found the following way around the problem of watching live on my laptop.

1. Connect mobile phone to laptop and enable hotspot so laptop thinks its hard wired

2. Launch Sky go and select what you want to watch

3. Once program is running disconnect phone from laptop to revert to wi-fi and the program will continue to run

4. You can then swich between programs as you wish and the app will continue working

Runner
Post 138 of 466

I was wondering if anyone had success getting this to work on their computers after this PFE12000 error comes. i followed a lot of instructions on this matter, and was wondering why its taking so long to fix?

Can it not be rolled back until the issue is resolved?

DD

Sound Designer
Post 139 of 466

I am still getting the PFe 12000 error on my Windows 7 laptop, but earlier today I successfully downloaded and installed Windows 10 version 1803, then installed the Sky Go App, did the device swap and Hallelujah, I have Sky Go.

I didn't think it was going to work, it seemed to take an age to start playing, but it did.

I'm now downloading a programme to see how well that works.

I know people with Windows 10 have been having problems too, so it's noyt just the OS.

The big difference other than the OS is that the Win 10 machine isn't used for anything but Internet TV as it is a 15.4" beast and too uncomfortable to use as a laptop, consequently since WSindows 10 was installed to replace the most buggy and unreliable Windows 7 I haven't installed much software other than for security and watching Tv, wheras the Win 7 machine is the one I do everything on.

Sometyhing on the Windows 7 machine must be conflicting with the Sky Go App but I don't want to start uninstalling things until it's at least narrowed down a bit.

Researcher
Post 140 of 466

@DeadlyDisco wrote:

I was wondering if anyone had success getting this to work on their computers after this PFE12000 error comes. i followed a lot of instructions on this matter, and was wondering why its taking so long to fix?

Can it not be rolled back until the issue is resolved?

DD

Yes, if had the PFE12000 error on May 1st, I followed the 4g fix instruction and it worked fine after that and still is.

Runner
Post 141 of 466

I followed your instructions to the letter, and today its working... WOW

I can't believe i got it working Smiley Happy

Thanks Mate!

Boom Operator
Post 142 of 466

i have had enough Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Boom Operator
Post 143 of 466

I’m not surprised.

i never expected so many other people having the same problem.

have we heard from Sky - no.

To think I’m paying a huge subscription every month when I watch 90% tv which is available for free.  What for?  Exactly!

Boom Operator
Post 144 of 466

tried the 4g route again still no joy really fustrated here keep thinking im doing it wrong but i know im noe .

do i uninstall the cisco video gaurd too ????

ive uninstalled the sky app and re installed the app also i have emptied recycle bin .

im not computer litarate but i know the basics and its beating  me im broken by it ...

Sound Supervisor
Post 145 of 466

Uninstall Sky Go and Cisco VideoGuard  

Then delete the cisco and all sky / skygo folders from appdata/roaming and appdata/local and look in the other one locallow or whatever it's called. 

Then empty recycle bin. 

And start again! 

Production Supervisor
Post 146 of 466

@Stephen+McCartney wrote:

Uninstall Sky Go and Cisco VideoGuard  

Then delete the cisco and all sky / skygo folders from appdata/roaming and appdata/local and look in the other one locallow or whatever it's called. 

Then empty recycle bin. 

And start again! 

@Stephen+McCartney

And again............and again......... and.................

Runner
Post 147 of 466

Hi anyone still having problems with this PFE 12000 error, i just clicked on a film watched the adverts and a minute of the film then went to TV Guide and everything looks to be working also closed the App and reopened and still working, not done a restart yet so will have to see what happens tomorrow, with a bit of luck this will stay working so i don't have to waste my time trying reinstalls and 4G work arounds for a service that should just work.

**Update**

Just done a few shut down and restart's and it is still working, hope this works for somebody else.

Sound Designer
Post 148 of 466

No such luck here, I'm afraid.

Still getting the error.

But at least I now have it working on a Windows 10 machone (well, it was yesterday...).

You didn't do anything at all.?

The person I spoke to in India said it would be fixed with an update when they had cone up with a fix.

Sound Supervisor
Post 149 of 466

I, ve known about the jerky picture and stuttering sound  problem for 6 months. I guess Sky have known a lot longer than that.

Despite knowing the disruption it would cause, they have ploughed on and burnt the bridge back to the relative safety of the out if date Silverlight and the last remaining browser to support it IE11.

I am in Spain where I am currently being denied my legal right to access my UK TV subscriptions under the new EU legislation of 1st April this year.

I will attempt to find an 'alternative' stream for the Chelsea v Liverpool game later. 

Runner
Post 150 of 466

I switched to hotspot connection on phone and the film started playing. Left it running switched to home broadband and it carried on playing.

On Windows 10.

Restarted app tried tv all good.

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
10-02-2018 01:57 PM