Discussion topic: SKY GO Desktop App Won't Load/Open

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Hello+there123 This message was authored by: Hello+there123

Re: SKY GO Desktop App Won't Load/Open

Hi guys just tried the uninstall of the Cisco data and sky go working first try hope this helps 

This message was authored by John674 This message was authored by: John674

Just checked again and the Cisco stuff is no longer there.

Sky Go loaded 1st time, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

This message was authored by Budsbury This message was authored by: Budsbury

Been using the old Sky Go app on my laptop for years with no problems. Now have a brand new laptop and loaded the new Sky Go app and just can't get it to open. At the moment just running Windows Defender and haven't yet loaded any anti virus software.

This message was authored by JonW42 This message was authored by: JonW42

@Budsbury wrote:

Been using the old Sky Go app on my laptop for years with no problems. Now have a brand new laptop and loaded the new Sky Go app and just can't get it to open. At the moment just running Windows Defender and haven't yet loaded any anti virus software.

Windows Defender is anti-virus software. Also, have you excluded all the Sky Go/Cisco directories from Windows Defender?

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
This message was authored by KAPITIMAN This message was authored by: KAPITIMAN

I had a similar problem with a Lenovo Windows 10 desktop PC . I uninstalled Windows Update ( apparently I cannot quote number as it is spam and it now works. 

This message was authored by PSH001 This message was authored by: PSH001

My Sky Go app wouldn't open. Just froze at the first screen. I found that if I disconnected the wifi it would load. Then when it's open re-connect the wifi and it all works fine. 

@jamiehenderson wrote:

Just downloaded the desktop sky go app on windows 10 laptop. Every time I try and open the app it won't load. I've tried downloading it several times and each time it won't open 

This message was authored by John674 This message was authored by: John674

This is what worked fo me:

1 Uninstall Sky Go

2. Go to "C:\Users\your username\appdata\Roaming and delete the Sky and Sky Go folders

3. Reinstall Sky Go

My Sky go has been fine since I did this.

Good luck

This message was authored by Trevor-F This message was authored by: Trevor-F

HI Guys,

A little update from me. 

I find that Sky go works better and rearly fails if used with an Ethernet cable.

Wi-fi is a little unstable.

Aslo, I don't know if anyone agrees, but I don't use it much because the adverts are too long 

You can forward ad's on the sky, yet you can't on sky go. Isn't that a little unfair?

Anyway, Hope the above  helps.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I just download everything. Don’t get adverts when it’s downloaded 😬

This message was authored by RoscoJ This message was authored by: RoscoJ

My Sky Go app wouldn't work on my laptop (blank screen) but i have a work around fix.

I have two graphics cards - integrated and nvidia

I right clicked the icon and ran it with the integrated graphics - it worked and installed an update.

Seems fine now, hope this helps!

@RoscoJ wrote:

My Sky Go app wouldn't work on my laptop (blank screen) but i have a work around fix.

I have two graphics cards - integrated and nvidia

I right clicked the icon and ran it with the integrated graphics - it worked and installed an update.

Seems fine now, hope this helps!

I set Sky Go to run (on my laptop) with the NVidia graphics and it works fine. I cannot say if it runs any better then with the Intel graphics.

This message was authored by JohnnyJ This message was authored by: JohnnyJ

Skybox app won't diwnload

@JohnnyJ wrote:

Skybox app won't diwnload

Are you trying to downloas Sky Go or Sky Q or Sky+ or Sky Cinema? What device are you trying to download with? With so little information to go on, it's no possible to try to help you. Please give as much deatail what you are doing and what's happening as you can.

This message was authored by HallClan This message was authored by: HallClan

If anyone's still having this problem I found that you can run it on Android so download BlueStacks or an Android emulator and you can run it on your PC from there 

This message was authored by LiamW This message was authored by: LiamW

Hi

I am having trouble running the Sky Go App on a Dell Laptop with Windows 10.

App is installed, but when I try to open it it goes through the checking for & downloading updates then closes.

I have gone through the uninstall, deleted the cisco and roaming folders, re-installed and still having the same problem.

I also have the Sky Cinema and Sky Sports Apps which work perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion