Discussion topic: SKY GO Desktop App Won't Load/Open

This message was authored by jamiehenderson This message was authored by: jamiehenderson

SKY GO Desktop App Won't Load/Open

Just downloaded the desktop sky go app on windows 10 laptop. Every time I try and open the app it won't load. I've tried downloading it several times and each time it won't open 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: SKY GO Desktop App Won't Load/Open

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @jamiehenderson

Try rebooting your PC and if that doesn't work remove the software via the control pannel and try installing it from here on the Sky website.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by mjcleland This message was authored by: mjcleland

The app is not working on my laptop too. Tried reinstalling it and rebooting computer. Can someone help please 

This message was authored by GavinByrne This message was authored by: GavinByrne

Hi I've had the same issues on my laptop, was wondering if you had managed to get it working?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try uninstalling the App and delete the Cisco Videoguard Player folder in AppData > Local > Cisco > VideoGuard Player and AppData > LocalLow > Cisco > VideoGuard (delete this) and the Sky Go/Sky folders in App Data > Roaming.

Do a search on your PC and delete anything Cisco related and then reboot your PC before installing it again from here:

http://desktopclient.ott.sky.com/skygodesktop/SkyGoInstaller.exe

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Cbows This message was authored by: Cbows

The mac version won't load either - occasionally it half-loads but trying to watch anything gives a 0000 error.

This message was authored by carolinedd This message was authored by: carolinedd

can someone please help me, im using macbook and have the lateset software downloaded.  when i try to download the sky go app, it will not download and just closes. The app will not open at all. I have deleted everything sky related on my mac and i ahve deleted sky cookies from safari. I dont know what else to do, some advice would be great.

This message was authored by PatAlan This message was authored by: PatAlan

I have posted this in another discussion thread but want to share it here too:

I have a similar problem after reinstalling the Sky Go app (lost count after 4) even with the assistance of tech support from Sky. Using a Lenovo laptop, Windows 10 64 bit - my broadband is actually with Sky - and whilst I was able to install and open the app and log in, I cannot play or watch any program. All I got was a black screen after I press Play and no error message. The last time I spoke with Sky, I was online for more than 2 hrs and the problem remain unresolved and I had to go.

Anyone has either similar problems or any resolutions? Tried everything including manually clearing the Cisco and Sky folders from AppData etc.

This message was authored by mikespud This message was authored by: mikespud

Having the exact same problem, opening the sky go app, but nothing happens. No error present in the event logs. This is a step backwards.

This message was authored by pawhitworth This message was authored by: pawhitworth

i have posted a way which worked for me, i was getting the error code 002,

this should resolve it

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/sky-go-app-002-issue-resolved/td-p/2841005

This message was authored by mikespud This message was authored by: mikespud

Thanks but this didn't work for me

This message was authored by margaret+caveill This message was authored by: margaret+caveill

still dont work,what have sky done????????

This message was authored by 50dave43 This message was authored by: 50dave43

Worked a treat, thanks. Mind you it did work before the win 10 update that killed my computer.

This message was authored by INKI93 This message was authored by: INKI93

it would appear Sky don't monitor any of these messages which is a huge let down - I couldn't get SkyGo to work on my laptop (after a few weeks of it working) so tried following advice about deleting Cisco files etc and then my laptop stopped working - message about a reboot - having it fixed now, so tried downloading SkyGo onto this laptop - and all I get is a black screen - why am I paying for a service I can't use and what are Sky doing about it?

This message was authored by rog172 This message was authored by: rog172

New Sky App is a total nightmare on PC or laptop. Done everything from tech support - uninstalling/reinstalling. get home page, can watch the sponsered ads but when the content starts its just sound and no vision. Absolutely fine on iPhone/iPad.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion