New Win 10 sky go app

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Sound Supervisor
Post 121 of 129

Re: New Win 10 sky go app

Started talking about stuttering sound on the thread in January. 

Five months later same problem which will be little comfort to anyone hoping for a timely fix.

Thank goodness Champion's League final is in BT Sport, I see there're actually making it free to all, well done But Sport!

Also thank gawd that the World Cup is on BBC  and ITV. You just can't rely on Sky to deliver  

Runner
Post 122 of 129

Been following this problem and discussion for days. Sky Go via IE11 worked fine for me so disappointed when I could only use the app which turned out to be unwatchable. Tried following one of the instructions...uninstalled app and everything else and then re-installed. before using app ended the cisco task and then started app. Watched a catch-up program which had 2 minutes of adverts at start. Adverts were perfect...no stutter no sound echo...It worls I though....great!!! then the program started and stutter and echo there...how why and all oher questions! If it was ok for the adverts what is the differece with the program?

Been with Sky for years and Sky Go on laptop is essential for me...not a happy bunny...anyone got any new ideas to try as Sky don't seem to have any!

Oracle
Post 123 of 129

The difference between the programme and the adverts is the programme is encrypted using CISCO’s VideoGuard and the adverts are not, it seem like the VideoGuard software is causing issues for some people

You could try turning off Windows Defenders realtime scanner to see if this is causing an issue, though not recommended for long time use unless you understand the dangers of doing this

Annie Sky+HD Customer since 1989 I DO NOT work for sky!
Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology
Boom Operator
Post 124 of 129

You are echoing  my feelings exactly . BT player working flawlessly on my new windows 10 laptop ( which I bought especially to watch Sky go while away) but there's a strobe effect on the video  and an echo effect on the audio with the new app making it unwatchable. I have noticed the CPU is running around 100% while the app is running even with sd programmes.  My Sky store films play well but they don't use this app and the IOS Sky go on my Ipad have no issues so can only assume It's a problem with the app which has been designed in such a way as to overload the CPU.

Runner
Post 125 of 129

Not happy at all with this new Sky Go app.

CiscoVideoGuardMonitor.exe should only be running when the app is used not on Startup/boot of the PC. More clutter that's not even needed. I only watch very little on Sky Go from my PC which only has 8gb of Ram.

I'd rather just stop using the app all together than having to kill CiscoVideoGuardMonitor.exe all the time.

Oracle
Post 126 of 129

@Reddoguk The monitor can be disabled at startup using ctrl-shift-esc then you only have to shut it down after using Sky Go, in your case not that often or you could just reboot after using Sky Go

I’m sure this’ll make things easier for you 👍🏻

Annie Sky+HD Customer since 1989 I DO NOT work for sky!
Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology
Runner
Post 127 of 129

I've just downloaded the new update this evening and if anything the jitter has gotten worse. Sky need to employ some decent techies who understand how these things work properly, like the guys at Netflix and Iplayer

Boom Operator
Post 128 of 129

Just downloaded the skygo windows update . Still stuttering and audio delay/echoing . Possibly slightly improved but still not watchable.

Boom Operator
Post 129 of 129

Disabling makes no difference

Recommended Threads
14-07-2018 09:16 PM
Oracle 01-05-2018 08:25 PM
Oracle 23-05-2018 05:01 PM
Oracle 25-04-2018 12:19 AM
Oracle a week ago 07:08 PM