Initialisation failed to complete in a timely manner.

Answered
Go to Answer
Researcher
Post 16 of 102

Re: Initialisation failed to complete in a timely manner.

ok this just worked for me too.

Try un-installing 'Sky Go' and definitely 'Cisco Videoguard Player', deleting the folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sky Go (where <username> is your computer account name), then re-installing the application. 

I had to end task Cisco videoguard to delete all the folders. And make sure everything is also deleted from the Recycle Bin. And close all other apps.

Thanks!

Researcher
Post 17 of 102

@Lyndypops wrote:

hey guys,

Try un-installing 'Sky Go' and possibly 'Cisco Videoguard Player', deleting the folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sky Go (where <username> is your computer account name), then re-installing the application. 

Worked for me!

Thank you Lyndypops, worked for me.

Yet again we are doing Sky's UAT testing for them, when do I get paid for it?

Runner
Post 18 of 102

Skygo was working this morning then later on today all I get is Initialisation failed to complete ina timely manner and when I try anything all I get is a black screen.

Runner
Post 19 of 102

Tried uninstalling skygo and ciscoguard and reinstalling but no change.

Oracle
Post 20 of 102

And you deleted the hidden folders as well @Ericmycat as mentioned earlier in this thread ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 21 of 102

It seems to me Sky treats it's customers with contempt...any error in their system is obviously due to our lack of intelligence, incorrect passwords, or anything else in order to deflect the problem away from their organisation, and back to us.

Come on Sky, it's about time you got this fixed and put a bit of resource on the problem to achieve a happy customer base.

Researcher
Post 22 of 102

This worked for me. NB make sure to show 'hidden' files in File Explorer. I uninstalled App and files stated above, restarted, reinstalled, all working properly. Thanks!

Boom Operator
Post 23 of 102

The question has to be "why is this problem not in the newspapers and raising concerns abour Sky using faulty software" Sky keep denying we pay for this but, it is part of a package they advertise as being able to view Sky Go on "tablets, phones, and computers" yet clearly that is blatantly untrue. They have foisted an app onto customers who do not have any choice in the matter, this app also updated itself on Sky's terms and not ours as the end user. Until a fortnight ago Sky Go worked on my computer, they "upgraded" without me having the choice as to whether I wanted to or not, and the app failed so where is customer consideration? No matter how many times I contact Sky they refuse to acknowledge the issue, and they have still failed to put anything on their home page to explain why there is an issue. However, if we try to leave, they are quick enough to point out the penalties for doing so even though they are at fault.Just where does this leave Sky customers?

Runner
Post 24 of 102

This is happening to me too. Im using a Mac and Ive tried uninstalling twice to no avail. I lost access over a week ago, its ridiculous 

Runner
Post 25 of 102

thank you that worked!

Boom Operator
Post 26 of 102

@Odi1 wrote:

@Lyndypops wrote:

hey guys,

Try un-installing 'Sky Go' and possibly 'Cisco Videoguard Player', deleting the folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sky Go (where <username> is your computer account name), then re-installing the application. 

Worked for me!

Thank you Lyndypops, worked for me.

Yet again we are doing Sky's UAT testing for them, when do I get paid for it?

I have heard this fix, but how do you do this on a mac - there are no folders to delete? It is just an app on a mac.

Oracle
Post 27 of 102

Try the instructions here @wexford+user, don't worry about the time and date ones as they will not apply here but the rest is worth trying:

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-go/error-pfe-desktop-app-apple

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 28 of 102

Had this for over a week on Mac, reinstall didn't work.

Text Sky Support and was put through to the "New Media Department" and had to delete CiscoVideoGuard, Application State (com.bsksb.etcetc) and the Sky Application and then reinstall. Some of these files were in my Mac's hidden Library folder.

Up & running again.

Researcher
Post 29 of 102

getting fed up with un-installing thens and then re-installing for it still not to work.  Why dont they just bring back the old web based solution till they can full fix the problem.

Come on Sky get your finger out and do some proper development and test.

Researcher
Post 30 of 102

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your suggestions and I think I have deleted everything but still not working. Maybe I am missing something, probably something blindingly obvious.

I even tried temporarily turning off my firewall to see if that was the issue but still getting the same message.

I may try again but am getting seriously close to cancelling my subscription now. Complete waste of time.

Thanks again for your help.