Discussion topic: External output blocked

This message was authored by Mickey-Padge This message was authored by: Mickey-Padge

Re: External output blocked

Seeing as this thread was opened in 2020 and we're now into 2023, without anything from sky in regards to a solution, I think simply put sky do not care at all. 

Which kind of runs true to form for them as a company.

This message was authored by Mickey-Padge This message was authored by: Mickey-Padge

Fixed the issue on my Xiaomi Fold 2, stock China rom, Android 13, MIUI 14. No unlocked bootloader (no need to unlock it at all). You will need to create a MIUI account first, easy enough on the phone or computer.

Settings > Apps > Mi Protect (which should be turned off by default) > Three dots top right > Click Chinese text (third one down out of three menu options) to turn off that setting. You will need to log in to MIUI account here with the password to achieve this. This option must be switched off.

After a clean install, whatever that particular Chinese text option is, it is always on by default. It's some kind of security setting that blocks SkyGo from working, causing the external output blocked message.

There may be other phones that have similar security measures that also block the SkyGo app doing whatever it needs to do to function correctly.

Cheers!

For anyone wondering abouty the above fix, it simply allows the app to work on the Xiaomi phone screen normally as it should. It does not in any way allow the phone to cast or connect to a TV screen while using the app. The external output blocked message will still appear and block correctly if you attempt to use the app and cast.

My original post was deleted, as for some reason Sky think I was trying to circumvent the digital protection and screen casting block, which I wasn't at all. I was just trying to use the app as intended.

So it seems Sky really do not even understand the issue at hand here, and must think everyone is trying to break and hack the app, when really we just want it to work as intended on our phones and tablets.

I state again, multiple users are getting the external output blocked message in error, when they are simply trying to use this app as intended. They are just trying to watch SkyGo on the tablet or phone screen, without casting or anything similar.

Cheers.

The latest SkyGo app version 23.2.1 does not require the above fix, it works with the security app fully switched on now. Anyone else have the app working now too?

This message was authored by T99NYW This message was authored by: T99NYW

Got excited thinking there may be a fix here, just reinstalled Sky Go on my Xiaomi 11 Pro and tried to view a programme on my phone, still reporting 'External display output is blocked' even though I'm simply trying to view on my mobile.

At least Sky Q now has ITV X, Which was my other gripe...

Do you have  SkyGo app version 23.2.1? If not, did you do the above fix?

Yep, reinstalled today and app info was v23.2.1. Looked at the fix beforehand but my menu options seem to differ from those you had, then I saw the later post so went for that.

Weird this version works on my Fold 2 without disabling the security app. I am fully stock and locked though, China rom self debloated.

Similar I think, picked up my phone from HK last year. Stripped out everything I could identify as bloatware or region specific, plus anything Chinese that seemingly didn't affect phone operation. Everything else works tip top, including BT Sport, Netflix etc. It's just Sky Go which does suggest something specific with that App given the others provide pictures and sound, though may be that is just my simplistic view rather than the technicals behind it all...  

I've never had SkyGo work on any phone with an unlocked bootloader or when rooted. Even When I tried a few Xiaomi.EU roms. So I stay stock/locked now all the time.

This message was authored by MarcelS This message was authored by: MarcelS

I can not see that on my mii 11 Ultra.

Can you show and explain it with screenshots?

I like to get the application running on my system. 

Sky is telling me all the time, that the problem is caused by miui and the changed android system from xioami... 

Please help... 

If it is possible you can send me a private message. 

If you do not see any Secure Mode app or Mi Protect app, I do not know what to suggest.

This message was authored by Newc0msolutions This message was authored by: Newc0msolutions

Coming out of Dex works for me. Thanks

This message was authored by Leeds2007 This message was authored by: Leeds2007

Was able to watch,but now keeps coming up with external output blocked

This message was authored by Leeds2007 This message was authored by: Leeds2007

still saying external output blocked 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion