Android tablet will not download any last episodes in catch up or box sets. Cant not see the options

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 1 of 19

Android tablet will not download any last episodes in catch up or box sets. Cant not see the options

Hi guys. I can't  download any last episodes on catch up or box sets.  When I click to download the options box to download to tablet cannot be seen as it's at the bottom of the list. Please can someone help as its a pain not been able to watch the last episode of a series😭. Thanks guys 👍

Chris
Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Researcher
Post 17 of 19

Re: Android tablet will not download any last episodes in catch up or box sets. Cant not see the opt

Finally, good news as its started to drive me mad and thanks for following that up for us all Smiley Happy

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 19

Re: Android tablet will not download any last episodes in catch up or box sets. Cant not see the opt

Hi @Tilley1983

If you click on a title can you not see the Download option ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 3 of 19

Have the same issue, emailed and provided feedback via the app 2 weeks at ago, no response 

Runner
Post 4 of 19

Same problem on my Samsung galaxy tab2.

Must be easy to fix...surely

PETERD22
New Viewer
Post 5 of 19

Exactly the same problem here, was able to download 5 episodes but when I navigate to episode 6 and click Download, the next option (download to tablet) is out of the screen bounds. Poor, poor programming. I can't even solve this using a screen rotation program to force portrait mode as the screen size is forced.

Please sort this Sky, it's ridiculous.

Researcher
Post 6 of 19

I've found a workaround for this, but you need to have a bluetooth keyboard.  I found that I can use the cursor and enter keys on the keyboard to select the right option. The steps are:

1) Tap the download button on the last episode in the sky app - the menu will disappear off screen of course

2) Press cursor down on the bluetooth keyboard three times, then press enter.  You won't see any indication of the options being selected, but if it has worked you should see that the episode is queued and then starts to download onto the tablet.

I guess this may also work if you connect a physical keyboard to your tablet using USB, but I haven't tried it.  Hopefully sky will fix this in the app soon.

Martin

Boom Operator
Post 7 of 19

Hi Martin

Thanks will give it a go, had a random email from sky to ask me to call them to explain the issue thought mine and the hundreds of other people have explained it fairly well.....never ceases to amaze me......

Researcher
Post 8 of 19

I also have this on my Samsung Tab S2. Really annoying that I have to watch the last episode of each box set either online or on my TV when the download button is cut off screen when the episode is at the bottom.

Can't beleive this passed testing with this UI buScreenshot_20180610-215642.png

Executive Producer
Post 9 of 19

You do know you can press the play button on the image and stream it, right?

I know the option to download isn't there but you can still watch it on your device. Just have to put up with the adverts.

Researcher
Post 10 of 19

Yes I do but I watch most of my programs on my commute when I don't have an internet connection so for the last episode I do have to use that option at home when I'm on my WIFI

Executive Producer
Post 11 of 19

What happens if you select the episode using the search results? Is the option still missing?

Researcher
Post 12 of 19

Do you mean just search for the particular episode so you would only have one episode on the screen?

I tried that but it doesnt return any results if you search at episode level

Executive Producer
Post 13 of 19

Yeah I see the search results bring up pretty much the same screen so will no doubt be cropped there too.

On my iPad the download options appear over the where the download button is. A bit weird it doesn't do it on Android Smiley Frustrated

Researcher
Post 14 of 19

Yep I had a feeling it was likely to be just an andoid issue Smiley Sad

Hopefully it gets fixed soon but thanks for trying to help

Researcher
Post 15 of 19

Did you ever get to speak to Sky to exaplin this issue to them? I've had this issues ages and not been able to get through to anyone about it.