Discussion topic: Mine is going back

This message was authored by michaelgale1 This message was authored by: michaelgale1

Mine is going back

It's rubbish!!! My WiFi is fast enough but still it stutters, switches off, lags and is generally a waste of money. First thing tomorrow I'm arranging it's return and going back to sky Q.

Tried watching ITV hub this evening and it turned off twice and dropped Internet connection (the Internet was fine and fast enough)

If you are thinking of getting Glass please wait a good few months and read these boards

Best Answers
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234 Answer

Re: Mine is going back

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SteveF1Yes it is easy to return it if you wish, within 31 days of delivery see this link

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-sky-glass#need-a-hand

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

@michaelgale1 wrote:

First thing tomorrow I'm arranging it's return and going back to sky Q.

Presumably you'll lose any discounts you previously had with Sky Q?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

michaelgale1
Topic Author
This message was authored by michaelgale1 This message was authored by: michaelgale1

True but at least I'll be able to watch tv

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

This message was authored by Collo64 This message was authored by: Collo64

Is it really that bad then 

michaelgale1
Topic Author

In my opinion yes it is. I love gadgets and tech but it's clunky and very stop start

This message was authored by Collo64 This message was authored by: Collo64

Sorry to hear that bet you were excited like I was going to be when I order mine on Friday 

This message was authored by AUS191 This message was authored by: AUS191

If you have sky q I really don't get why you would get this. 

I've got it was we couldn't get Sky because of trees. 

This message was authored by nogimmix This message was authored by: nogimmix

I am looking to return mine too as I'm not impressed with the whole playlist thing. 

The TV itself is great but pulling terrestrial programmes from their apps is a deal breaker for me, especially with the poor quality of ITV hub and 4OD.

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@michaelgale1Have you tried going wired to the TV instead of wireless?

This message was authored by DBKS This message was authored by: DBKS

I love the TV, but am also considering sending it back since I can't get it to update or activate. Wasted around 8 hours today trying to get it working and still no dice 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@nogimmix wrote:

pulling terrestrial programmes from their apps is a deal breaker for me

Could you expand on the circumstances in which that happened?  Was it for live content, or after a search, or from the Playlist, for example?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by S44TUH This message was authored by: S44TUH

I'm happy with mine - I had a trouble free set up and I'm generally pleased with the picture and sound. The picture is a little washed out - but I'll tweak it. 

I've had trouble watching Film4 - but no other service.  The puck is working fine.  I'm only on 45mps BT - but it is very stable and I've never had any problems in the past with streaming even when there's a PS4 streaming and multiple other devices connected.

Love tech - connected home, Sky, interactive hot-tub...
This message was authored by thurlstonesky This message was authored by: thurlstonesky

That gives me hope. I have 50mps, steady from Sky, so i shoud be ok.  

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@thurlstonesky That depends on what others want to do online and if there's enough bandwidth left. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion