Discussion topic: Eurosport Ultra HD

This message was authored by jas2000 This message was authored by: jas2000

Eurosport Ultra HD

Hello, was hoping to enjoy some winter Olympics on Eurosport in ultra HD. We have Sky Glass with whole home and ultra HD and Sky cinema but no sports. 

Eurosport is part of the standard pack and can watch in HD but when it prompts about watching in Ultra it displays there is a Technical fault. Then when you exit it displays you need to upgrade your subscription to view this channel .

What package is needed to watch Eurosport Ultra HD. As I said we have Ultra HD for movies and TV shows.

Thanks.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Eurosport Ultra HD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jas2000  Try scrolling to the TV Guide, Sports then scroll down to the Eurosport UHD Feed, can you access this?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

jas2000
Topic Author

Hi there @GD1  thanks for that. Did not see Eurosport Ultra all the way at the bottom. Unfortunately still greeted with you need to upgrade your subscription.

It displays the the circles with coloured dots button and when pressed takes you to upgrade to Sky Sports.

Definitely have Ultra HD pack but seems for me I need Sky Sports to. Will upgrade to sports once F1 is back in full swing. Seems like a small ploy to get you to upgrade to Sky Sports.

Never mind.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Strange indeed, surely Eurosport should be available as a "standard" UHD cahannel to the folks with the UHD add on, unable to access this end either...

Roger

This message was authored by Duncanh454 This message was authored by: Duncanh454

I was confused by this as well today, the UHD feed that you can try by pressing the 4 coloured dots button while watching Eurosport displays an error message while trying to access the UHD channel on Glass asks for an upgrade to Sky Sports.

Bit irritating to say the least.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

According to the News section on this very site...

96EAA34B-EE11-43E6-9FFA-15D2942CBE71.png

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

What is your internet download speed?

@jas2000 wrote:

Hello, was hoping to enjoy some winter Olympics on Eurosport in ultra HD. We have Sky Glass with whole home and ultra HD and Sky cinema but no sports. 

Eurosport is part of the standard pack and can watch in HD but when it prompts about watching in Ultra it displays there is a Technical fault. Then when you exit it displays you need to upgrade your subscription to view this channel .

What package is needed to watch Eurosport Ultra HD. As I said we have Ultra HD for movies and TV shows.

Thanks.

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

jas2000
Topic Author

Hello @ozsat we have BT 900mb down. The Glass is straight into a Netgear Nighthawk router so the speeds are good.

Think it's Sky being Sky and needing sky sports to watch Eurosport in Ultra HD even if you have the ultra HD add on.

This message was authored by Kevjs This message was authored by: Kevjs

Certainly looks like that - seeing the same here, but able to watch boxsets in UHD just fine (Ethernet onto a BT FTTP 150mbs connection)

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

You should be fine with UHD at around 30Mb download.

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

This message was authored by Krustey This message was authored by: Krustey

I'm getting this issue too, tells me I need sky sports to watch? Doesn't make sense!

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

I get Eurosport in UHD fine on Q without any Sky Sports subscription, so it's another Glass quirk. 

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey all!

Apologies for that, this should be working now. Could you check it again and let me know if you're still having issues? 😊

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Kevjs This message was authored by: Kevjs

@Chloe-W22 - I can confirm this is now working on my Puck (I don't have a Sky Sports sub currently, but do have the UHD one).

20220210_093435.jpg

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Kevjs  Thanks for confirming 🙂

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion