Discussion topic: sky glass issues

This message was authored by tgwilliam This message was authored by: tgwilliam

sky glass issues

OK , Im not usually a complainer but I have to say I feel a little let down. Whats nrought it to a head has been the whole discovery plus issues on sky glass ( upgrade to watch etc). .I complained and was given the answer saturday morning that sky tech are aware of the issues and are working to sort. I then asked if i or anyone would be informed when it was corrected only to be told NO, I just have to try periodically. Well anyone having this issue will understand the rigmarole you have to go through, so I expected better off sky. Then I remember when I took the sky glass last september i was assured many of the channels that would not be on immediately would be cominging over, LFCTV etc.  Ive read aboout a channel/app called rewind and a suoper new sky sports set up . well none of this has happened on mine. I just think this isnt a good way to treat folk really. On their own these are pretty minor issues , but i just find it a a tad crappy service from Sky.

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: sky glass issues

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Both LFCTV (and MUTV) are now available - you may need to restart your equipment to bring it through immediately.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @tgwilliam 

If you are with your first 31 days you can cancel and return to Sky Q. If you were told incorrect information, Sky may be able to listen to the call recording. You can make a complaint here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

However Sky do publish the channel list etc here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass

Unfortunately this form is customer to customer and we are fellow subscribers, so you will to speak to Sky customer service or complain.

MikeAlanR 

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@tgwilliam wrote:

Then I remember when I took the sky glass last september i was assured many of the channels that would not be on immediately would be cominging over, LFCTV etc. 

The channels offered on the Sky Streaming platform will be different to that on the satellite platform. Via satellite any channel that essentially pays to broadcast has to be included on the platform, that is not the same for closed streaming platform. On a streaming platform it requires both Sky and the broadcaster to agree a deal to allow the channels to be available, also the broadcaster would need the capabilities to stream their channel and meet whatever technical requirements Sky have for their platform. This is typically the reason why a lot of the smaller channels aren't available on Sky's streaming platform, in fact for the smaller channels it probably makes sense for them to jsut stream on Youtube if they have the technicail capabilities to do so.

Ive read aboout a channel/app called rewind and a suoper new sky sports set up . well none of this has happened on mine. I just think this isnt a good way to treat folk really. 

Sky Sports + isn't launching until August and will available on Sky Q, Sky Glass, Sky Stream and via the Sky Sports App.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@tgwilliam wrote:

Then I remember when I took the sky glass last september i was assured many of the channels that would not be on immediately would be cominging over, LFCTV etc.  

You should never have been told that: Glass has been around since October 2021 and it's reasonable to assume that any previously existing channel which wants to be on it is there by now.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@tgwilliam  Sky can't make channels broadcast on Stream .... your issue should be with LFCTV and Rewind, and complain to them that those channels haven't made their channels available on Stream🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Both LFCTV (and MUTV) are now available - you may need to restart your equipment to bring it through immediately.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion