Discussion topic: "Upgrade to Watch This...." Affecting a number of channels on Glass & Stream 25-09-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Unable to watch UK news channels, US news. Channels ok, Subscription required for non subscripti

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Freddyfox  Sky are aware of the issue and their engineers say it was fixed by about 8:30pm.  Most people are reporting that they are back up and running again.  I certainly am 😀

If you are still having issues this is a LINK to the main thread and the post from Sky (marked as the answer).

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Redgates This message was authored by: Redgates

Re: "Upgrade to Watch This...." Affecting a number of channels on Glass & Stream 25-09

As of this morning the issue appears to have naturally resolved itself.

None the wiser as to why it happened but glad it's no longer an issue for our household. 

Hope everyone else has the same pleasant change to their situations.

This message was authored by paul383 This message was authored by: paul383

Re: Sky stream outage.

I have had exactly the same with no explanaion from Sky, NOT HAPPY

This message was authored by Matt2409 This message was authored by: Matt2409

Same problem for. Reset and rebooted a number of times and gets stuck telling me incorrect pin. Even if i reset the pin it still says incorrect and i cant get past the screen. Anyone find a fix? 

This message was authored by Sandy1957 This message was authored by: Sandy1957

Re: "Upgrade to Watch This...." Affecting a number of channels on Glass & Stream 25-09

Pretty poor service from Sky. Putting service users through unnecessary headaches. 

This message was authored by Sal-E This message was authored by: Sal-E

Mine righted itself just before midnight. It would have been helpful for Sky to put something on their app or website about this additional issue, as well as the original one last week. 

This message was authored by Ron+1066 This message was authored by: Ron+1066

Can’t get Sky Programmes on Sky Puc

I have lost access to Sky programmes. Started off with news programmes and now effects eveything. Streaming through a Sky Puc 

This message was authored by lee9160 This message was authored by: lee9160

I wonder what compensation we will get for not having TV for a few days some kind of goodwill gesture would be nice as it wasn't our fault

This message was authored by Freddyfox This message was authored by: Freddyfox

Re: Unable to watch UK news channels, US news. Channels ok, Subscription required for non subscripti

Hi Fothergill1, Just checked, all working again now.
Thanks for the help.

This message was authored by BrenCT2 This message was authored by: BrenCT2

My service has now fully restored overnight. No communication from Sky as to the cause. Will be pulling the plug on Sky services unless I get a reasonable explanation as to the cause and compensated for temporary lose of services. After all they are quick enough to chase us for any payments due. 

This message was authored by john+blackmore This message was authored by: john+blackmore

I've been promised £5 for six days loss of service.   That's not compensation or anywhere near it.  It is simply giving my money back for loss of service.   Compensation would be for the disruption to my life and spending literally hours trying to resolve the issue.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@john+blackmore wrote:

I've been promised £5 for six days loss of service.   That's not compensation or anywhere near it.  It is simply giving my money back for loss of service.   Compensation would be for the disruption to my life and spending literally hours trying to resolve the issue.

If Sky had made an announcement that there were issues on some of their servers you would known not spend many hours on fruitless attempts at self resolution🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Can’t get Sky Programmes on Sky Puc

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ron+1066  This sounds similar to the issue that many people were experiencing yesterday afternoon (including myself).  Sky worked on the problem and most pucks started working again but the advice from Sky was if your puck stil wasn't working then you should do a reboot.  Just unplug it from the wall socket for a few minutes and then plug it back in again and it will take about 1 minute or so to reboot.

If that doesn't work maybe call Sky for some additional troubleshooting.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Ron+1066 This message was authored by: Ron+1066

Re: Can’t get Sky Programmes on Sky Puc

Thank you @Fothergill1 l was able to connect again today after not being able to for over 12 hours. 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Sky have made a business decision in terms of compensation for loss of service. 

Monthly daily pro rata amount per day of loss of service plus £5. Pitiful 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick Roku 4K Google Chromecast

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion