Discussion topic: "Upgrade to Watch This...." Affecting a number of channels on Glass & Stream 25-09-24

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

"Upgrade to Watch This...." Affecting a number of channels on Glass & Stream 25-09-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Thread created with title to reflect issue

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: "Upgrade to Watch This...." Affecting a number of channels on Glass & Stream 25-09

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention.  We are sincerely sorry about this issue.

Our engineers have been restoring service. If you continue to have problems, can you please unplug your TV/puck from the wall socket and plug it back in again please?

I'm marking this post as answered so that people get the most up-to-date information.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by sethfredriksen8 This message was authored by: sethfredriksen8

Not subscribed but I am?

I had the same issues that everyone had last week with the puck but I've had an annoying problem the past few days. 

Every channel is showing I'm not subscribed but I've checked online, done the factory reset, contacted Sky directly and it's still showing the same. 

Anyone had this issue and fixed it? Any help much appreciated!!!

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Not subscribed but I am?

What did Sky CSs say when you phoned?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sethfredriksen8 when you spoke to Sky did they tell you they would pass your case to a back office team? If tgeyvdidnt thst is what is likely to be required if tgecdid the fix normally takes 48 hours. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by sethfredriksen8 This message was authored by: sethfredriksen8

They told me to reboot and try the factory reset again after 24 hours. They said because of the problems with the puck last week it'll probably be linked to that. 

But still nothing since. 

I really don't want to spend another hour on the phone to Sky, it's my mum who uses it and she's lost without it 😣

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

As a temporary backup show your mum how to use the apps on the Smart TV to access PSB broadcast channels and on-demand😉

You can then work on getting the Puck working again🙁

Exiled in HH

I've read that someone on here can refer it to a Sky expert? Is that possible? 

This message was authored by Larkinsmith This message was authored by: Larkinsmith

Says I need to upgrade for CBeebies

Been watching CBeebies for months with no issue, but all of a sudden it says I need to upgrade my subscription on the sky glass tv. The pucks in two other rooms are fine? 

This message was authored by Amacgregor-stee This message was authored by: Amacgregor-stee

Re: Says I need to upgrade for CBeebies

I am also having this issue. It also says the same for ITV1, Sky Max and a few other channels. On hold at the moment to sky.

This message was authored by Niff2k25 This message was authored by: Niff2k25

Re: Says I need to upgrade for CBeebies

Having same issue with multiple channels!

This message was authored by Clare7215 This message was authored by: Clare7215

Can’t watch GB News as now apparently need a subscription

I was watching GB news. My Sky Glass internet connection failed so had to reset box.  Now it's saying I can't watch this Chanel without a subscription.  It's free to watch so why the subscription?

This message was authored by SueCaneron This message was authored by: SueCaneron

Sky Stream: today ITV1 does not work - has error that I am not subscribed to this channel and I need

Usually ITV 1 HD works fine but today it tells me I am not subscribed to this channel and need to upgrade. I have rebooted the puck but still the same error. How can I get help to fix this? Seems almost impossible to find a contact number to call or chat to! 😡

This message was authored by RichardHand This message was authored by: RichardHand

Charging to watch ITV?

Why is sky telling me to upgrade subscription to watch ITV?

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Re: Sky Stream: today ITV1 does not work - has error that I am not subscribed to this channel and I

I am having the same issue on several channels with the same message on channels such as BBC1, Sky news and others 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick Roku 4K Google Chromecast
This message was authored by CDE1 This message was authored by: CDE1

ITV has just come up with a message that I need to upgrade to watch it and now it’s completely disap

ITV has just come up with a message to say that I need to upgrade to watch it and now it's completely disappeared 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion