Discussion topic: VHS video recorder

This message was authored by Bazzaton2712 This message was authored by: Bazzaton2712

VHS video recorder

Hi, I'm trying to set up an old VHS video recorder to watch some VHS tapes of my children when I was younger but it's just not compatible with sky glass. Any help? I can get round this

Best Answers
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966 Answer

Re: VHS video recorder

Do what I did and go on amazon prime  and get yourself  a scrat to hdmi  adaptor  and plug it in to hdmi  port  2 on the sky glass tv, I got 1 3 years ago for my dvd player  and it works 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bazzaton2712 

Presumably the output is over SCART?

1000003722.jpg

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966 Answer

Do what I did and go on amazon prime  and get yourself  a scrat to hdmi  adaptor  and plug it in to hdmi  port  2 on the sky glass tv, I got 1 3 years ago for my dvd player  and it works 

Bazzaton2712
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bazzaton2712 This message was authored by: Bazzaton2712

Many thanks for your help, but would it work with a VHS player video as well?

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

I not sure but I would have thought  so as it's  the same connection  as my 5.1 home theater  system which had a scrat connection  as I say I got a scrat  to hdmi  adaptor from amazon  when  I got my sky glass tv  3 years ago   and I can watch  my dvds  no problems  so you  should  be able  to watch  your  videos  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion