Discussion topic: Using wireless headphones and sound through sky glass tv

This message was authored by Chocolate+Granny This message was authored by: Chocolate+Granny

Using wireless headphones and sound through sky glass tv

Update on sky glass said you can now use wireless headphones and also have sound through sky glass TV. How can this be done? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Using wireless headphones and sound through sky glass tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Chocolate+Granny 

To use both bluetooth headphones and Glass TV speakers press the 3 white dots button on your remote and then select Audio output.  Then select bluetooth device and TV Speakers from the drop down menu.

If you have'nt already done so it will remind you to connect a bluetooth device.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Hi @Chocolate+Granny 

To use both bluetooth headphones and Glass TV speakers press the 3 white dots button on your remote and then select Audio output.  Then select bluetooth device and TV Speakers from the drop down menu.

If you have'nt already done so it will remind you to connect a bluetooth device.

This message was authored by FootPH1 This message was authored by: FootPH1

Is there an alternative way to select the device once it is connected (ie not using the 3 white dots)? My remote has gone caput and I am waiting for a replacement but would like to connect headphones at night. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@FootPH1 If you have one available, a Sky Q remote will work perfectly well with Glass or Stream.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@FootPH1 another thought. Hold your broken remote at both ends and gently twist it as though you are wringing out a cloth.  This has been known to fix some remotes with a bad connection (it worked on mine about 9 months ago).

It's worth a try as you have nothing to lose.

This message was authored by MarkGoodway This message was authored by: MarkGoodway

Can you recommend a 'bluetooth device' that works with Sky Glass?

@MarkGoodway Any headphones that are A2DP compliant will work with Sky Glass.

It is difficult to recommend any specific make or model of as it depends on the price point you want to pay. When by Bose headphones packed up a while ago I replaced them with some much cheaper Sony ones. The model is WH-CH710N and they are wireless and noise cancelling.  They are nowhere near the quality of the Bose but still represent fairly good value for money.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion