Discussion topic: Updates on Netflix Plan through sky

This message was authored by KikaF This message was authored by: KikaF

Updates on Netflix Plan through sky

Just received an email saying that Netflix has discontinued their Netflix Basic plan and a result, the Netflix plan included with my Sky subscription will automatically change to Netflix Standard with ads.

This update will incur extra costs?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Re: Updates on Netflix Plan through sky

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @KikaF and @simon2, welcome to the Sky Community forum, where customers like you are on hand 24/7 (almost) to offer some fantastic advice and help on all things Sky-related.

The move from the Basic to Standard with Ads will take place for our customers gradually until 19th September, you can check what plan you are on in the My Details section of your Netflix app, as well as in the My Products > Manage your Sky TV. You'll also know you've been moved over when you start to see adverts during Netflix content 😁

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KikaF wrote:

Just received an email saying that Netflix has discontinued their Netflix Basic plan and a result, the Netflix plan included with my Sky subscription will automatically change to Netflix Standard with ads.

This update will incur extra costs?

No - there will be no cost change due to the switch from Basic to Standard With ads. 

Netflix have just replaced Basic with Standard with Ads. No Netflix customer has been able to get Basic for a while, and Netflix are noe removing the tier for existing customers who subscribed through a third party (e.g Sky).

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@KikaF 

There's a potential cost increase for users of Sky Q because on the new structure the Sky HD and UHD add-ons no longer upgrade Netflix to Standard (no adverts) or Premium, but that was never the case on Glass/Stream.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by simon2 This message was authored by: simon2

I got the email too. It says this will happen from September and you will be able to watch Netflix on 2 devices. It's now September but I can still only watch Netflix on 1 device 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@simon2  Unless it's mentioned an actual date then it will be anytime in September which is only just 2 days in.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

As pointed out by @GD1 the change will happen at some point in September, as the email doesn't specifically mention a date.

MarkGoldsmith_0-1725352874045.png

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @KikaF and @simon2, welcome to the Sky Community forum, where customers like you are on hand 24/7 (almost) to offer some fantastic advice and help on all things Sky-related.

The move from the Basic to Standard with Ads will take place for our customers gradually until 19th September, you can check what plan you are on in the My Details section of your Netflix app, as well as in the My Products > Manage your Sky TV. You'll also know you've been moved over when you start to see adverts during Netflix content 😁

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion