Discussion topic: Unable to watch Discovery Plus

This message was authored by dannyandrews This message was authored by: dannyandrews

Unable to watch Discovery Plus

I am having trouble trying to watch anything on Discovery+, everywhere I look on my account it tells me that I have premium Discovery+ because I have got TNT Sports.

However, when I try to watch anything via my internet browser, app or Sky Glass, it is giving me the message "Contact your provider to find out how to watch".

I have factory reset my Sky Glass, I have changed my account on Discovery+, and I have refeshed the apps...

What can I do?

Please help!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony Answer

Re: Unable to watch Discovery Plus

I have just been informed we can't get access to the premium on the app if you have sky stream or glass

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @dannyandrews 

Have you activated discovery+ in sky market place? Can you see the subscription showing there? See: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus#:~:text=Once%20you%27ve%20signed%20up,by%20subscrib....

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

If it's also not working outside of your Sky glass it's clearly an issue with your discovery plus account rather than an issue with your Sky glass.

In your discovery + account along with saying premium does it also say something along the lines of the "billing provided by Sky". If so that indicates that your Sky account is linked to the discovery plus account so you may be better off raising this with discovery + customer services and ask them why you can't watch anything when it says your account is linked to your Sky account.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Have you phoned Sky as directed?

Exiled in HH
dannyandrews
Topic Author
This message was authored by dannyandrews This message was authored by: dannyandrews

Thanks everyone.

I have tried all of these and still not working.

I have spoken to Discovery+ too and they are saying that my subscription is not activated, where as Sky is saying it is... I don't know where to go from here.

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @dannyandrews ,

You will need to contact Sky customer service and one of their back end teams will need to investigate.

See: https://www.sky.com/help/home 

Scroll down to need more help drop-down and you will see an 0333 number. Unfortunately the forum software doesn't allow us to post numbers.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony Answer

I have just been informed we can't get access to the premium on the app if you have sky stream or glass

dannyandrews
Topic Author

Thank you Anthony, this makes a lot of sense with the timings. 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

No problem at all. When you say re timings? I did ask why it worked on Q but not stream or glass, but it could not be explained. The main thing is that Sky are aware of the issue. Hopefully they can get a fix sorted

This message was authored by Marky84 This message was authored by: Marky84

Currently can not watch discovery plus, every time I log in it tell me to upgrade? Always thought free to watch through sky 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Marky84 wrote:

Currently can not watch discovery plus, every time I log in it tell me to upgrade? Always thought free to watch through sky 

Likely related to the known issue reported on this thread: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Discovery-plus-app-isn-t-working/td-p/4628766/emcs_t/S2h....

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion