Discussion topic: Skyglass keeps constantly freezing

This message was authored by ch44 This message was authored by: ch44

Skyglass keeps constantly freezing

I have a problem with my sky glass picture freezing and the only way to fix it is to change channels back and forth. Plus I also have a problem with the tv saying there is no internet but that is completely false as every other thing is working and when I checked my speed it was above 55Mb/sec so speed is not the problem.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mlow This message was authored by: Mlow Answer

Re: Skyglass keeps constantly freezing

Usually unplugging the TV then plugging it back in solves it happens to me around the time of a new update

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mlow This message was authored by: Mlow Answer

Usually unplugging the TV then plugging it back in solves it happens to me around the time of a new update

This message was authored by Richbrum This message was authored by: Richbrum

What broadband do you need for sky glass, 1 puck , 2 mobile phones and a wi fi camera 

I was on 35, useless, have moved to 55 but still bad. No fibre in my area

Dont game, don’t download, very basic use. Or doesn’t it matter. Is it just faulty?

Sky said the internet is the issue. It’s sky

Purchased all in one go about 3 months ago

Also, my android phone is useless, works fine when on data. Wife’s I phone seems ok

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Richbrum wrote:

What broadband do you need for sky glass, 1 puck , 2 mobile phones and a wi fi camera 

I was on 35, useless, have moved to 55 but still bad. No fibre in my area

Dont game, don’t download, very basic use. Or doesn’t it matter. Is it just faulty?

Sky said the internet is the issue. It’s sky

Purchased all in one go about 3 months ago

Also, my android phone is useless, works fine when on data. Wife’s I phone seems ok

55Mbps download speed should be enough but it's the quality and stability of that speed that's important. If you're connecting via WiFi in particular then you potentially face more issues as Glass & Stream pucks are very sensitive to even small fluctuations in speed. If possible try connecting via ethernet cable direct to your router or by using Powerline adapters. 

It sounds like you have some sort of WiFi interference if your phone isn't connecting very well so perhaps give your router a reboot and try a different WiFi channel. 

This message was authored by Lukem2611 This message was authored by: Lukem2611

I'm connected via ethernet cable have top internet speed everything works fine that's connected to my internet other than my 65" sky glass TV keeps freezing makes a high pitched buzzing noise and only way I can stop it is my unplugging it and plugging it back in and sometimes I have to do it 3 or 4 times to get it to turn back on. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion