Discussion topic: Sky tv

This message was authored by Arifc This message was authored by: Arifc

Sky tv

Hello. I recently joined sky. I would like to enquire about sky tv. It seems like there are no free channels in the tv box. 

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Correct, there is no "free" channels on the Sky Streaming platform.

With Sky Stream, you require an active Sky subscription to watch live channels. As the puck is loaned to you without an active subscription you have to return the puck to Sky.

With the Sky Glass TV, again to access the Sky channels you need an active subscription. As you would own the TV it does function without a Sky subscription. If you disconnect the TV from the internet and plug in a traditional TV ariel it can be used to pick up the Freeview DTT channels. If you don't disconnect the TV from the internet is won't be able to pickup the Freeview channels via the ariel and only the third party apps e.g IPlayer, ITV X, Netflix etc will work on it.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Sky tv

@Arifc wrote:

Hello. I recently joined sky. I would like to enquire about sky tv. It seems like there are no free channels in the tv box. 

Did you purchase a second hand Stream puck? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion