Discussion topic: Sky glass tv will not work! Keeps coming up with software error

This message was authored by DaveHoltby This message was authored by: DaveHoltby

Sky glass tv will not work! Keeps coming up with software error

IMG_5660.jpeg

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky glass tv will not work! Keeps coming up with software error

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DaveHoltby  Have you followed the instructions on screen?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Ring sky straight away, and when they say we have sent you a link would you like to use  it say no, you will then get to speak to an advisor, but going  off of memory my friend  had the same problem  a year ago land ended up having  to have a replacement sent out 

DaveHoltby
Topic Author
This message was authored by DaveHoltby This message was authored by: DaveHoltby

Yes followed the instructions several times still no response 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DaveHoltby i suspect you will need to give Sky a call in that case.

You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number. If you are in the ROI on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

If the automated phone system tries to send you back to the forum, just stay silent or answer "No" if asked if they link they have sent has helped and it should then put you in the queue for an advisor.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@DaveHoltby wrote:

Yes followed the instructions several times still no response 

If the recovery process has failed (ie turn TV off at the mains, press & hold the standby button on the side of the TV, turn mains power back on whilst still holding the standby button for 10-15 secs until the LED lights flash then release finger) then yes, you'll need to ring Sky as it may be properly corrupt and will need replacing. 

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Checked  with  my friend  and  showed  him  your photo and said that is what happened  to him  he was on the phone with  sky for ages, but  it is software  problem  and sky had to send him a replacement  sky glass tv as it would not update  no matter  what  they did

DaveHoltby
Topic Author

Thanks everyone I got through to sky, a new TV is arriving Weds shame the TV is only max 6 weeks old! Good job kept old TV!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion