Discussion topic: Sky glass picture

This message was authored by ellymay122 This message was authored by: ellymay122

Sky glass picture

I have had Sky Glass Few days now I cannot get the picture right it doesn't hold the settings .Also at the end of the evening after 4 or five hours watching .The picture is great it seems to me the longer the tv is on the tv is warmed up .Then next day the picture is bad again. Anybody else having this problem 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky glass picture

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ellymay122 

'Warming up' is an obsolete concept from CRT days: old-fashioned television sets and computer monitors relied on a cathode ray gun to shoot electrons at a phosphor screen, but electrons were only released when the cathode emitter was heated and so it took a few seconds before an image would appear.

Display on an LCD panel should not change over an evening: I'd think the phenomenon you are perceiving is much more likely to be due to ambient light levels or other local factors.  On Sky Glass, turning off 'auto backlight adjustment' is generally advisable.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
ellymay122
Topic Author
This message was authored by ellymay122 This message was authored by: ellymay122

After going through all the Sky Glass settings I still cannot get a decent picture I have talked to a sky tec who went through and reset the tv I see no difference in the picture between  vivid ,sport,etc yet when I have the tv on for 5 hours or more the picture suddenly comes bright and clear for the rest of the evening .Then next day the picture is back to old dull picture.Any body else had that problem I am still in my 30 days . So I think I will revert back to Sky Q .

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@ellymay122 wrote:

After going through all the Sky Glass settings I still cannot get a decent picture I have talked to a sky tec who went through and reset the tv I see no difference in the picture between  vivid ,sport,etc yet when I have the tv on for 5 hours or more the picture suddenly comes bright and clear for the rest of the evening .Then next day the picture is back to old dull picture.Any body else had that problem I am still in my 30 days . So I think I will revert back to Sky Q .

It sounds like you have a faulty TV, definitely get it replaced or return for a refund and revert to Sky Q. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ellymay122 wrote:

when I have the tv on for 5 hours or more the picture suddenly comes bright and clear for the rest of the evening .Then next day the picture is back to old dull picture.

Again, try switching off auto backlight dimming in the Settings and increase Brightness to 75-80

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
ellymay122
Topic Author

Watching tennis go BBC I player the picture is not as good on tv 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion