Discussion topic: Sky glass not working

This message was authored by Beth40 This message was authored by: Beth40

Sky glass not working

Omg I'm having serious issues with my sky glass, it's jumping on playbacks than telling me there's a technical fault with recording, I have to go out of it and back into it, most days to won't turn on by remote or button on side or voice control have to switch all off and plug out,!this is my 2ed Tv now I'm beginning to think I've wasted my money, 

anyone any suggestions I'm only short of throwing Tv in the bin 

All Replies

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: Sky glass not working

• What is your  broadband  speed  and how is the tv connected to it, go to Netflix app open it go to settings  and click on get help go to check network 
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Got to admit it does sound like internet connectivity issues with the TV. 

If connected by WiFi it's possible the WiFi signal isn't strong, stable and consistent. The issue with Sky glass is that if at any point the download speed it gets goes below 30 Mbps it's prone to stop working and won't function properly until a reboot.

The way to test this is to connect the Tv via an Ethernet cable, disable the WiFi in the glass network settings and then give the glass one more reboot by unplugging it for 2 minutes. This should help improve things.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Beth40
Topic Author

My Tv is conected  through the wire from modem to Tv, it's only an issue with Tv and links for recording, all apps work fine never buff, even my sky Puk works properly it seems to be just an issue with Tv and when you ring sky it's reset Tv I've done, I've updated and still an issue, I can't even change back over because still a few months of paying for a Tv that is totally useless without sky! 
im at a loss 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Beth40 worth checking if the WiFi setting is disabled on the Sky Glass, as it has a habit of defaulting to WiFi even if an Ethernet cable is connected.

if the setting isn't disabled and you disable it now it's worth unplugging the TV for a few minutes to allow it to reboot to ensure the updated setting is applied.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

How long did you have the first Sky Glass TV?

How long have you had the second Sky Glass TV?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

You could get wifi extenders

Beth40
Topic Author

Will try that thank you 

This message was authored by Colly710 This message was authored by: Colly710

We are having the same issues! We are also on our second sky glass tv, and guess what I got a call from sky yesterday saying "your tv is no longer under warranty, you can now pay £9.99 a month and cover that plus 2 additional things of your choice!" I am fuming! 😡 have you managed to sort it? I've been in and out of hospital this last year very poorly and I'm the main account holder so I've not been able to sort it out! 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Colly710 wrote:

I got a call from sky yesterday saying "your tv is no longer under warranty, you can now pay £9.99 a month and cover that plus 2 additional things of your choice!"  

That's the standard marketing call from Domestic & General to flog Sky Protect Device Insurance.  If you purchased the original Glass set two years ago then it's technically correct (warranty replacement hardware inherits the remaining balance of the warranty period) but still annoying.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Colly710 This message was authored by: Colly710

Thanks, yeah I have just finished on the phone to them and explained everything basically they said the only thing they could do was try what others said above first regarding the WiFi 🛜 as it seems that is a common thing even if the Ethernet cable is connected direct! Second option would be if this option doesn't work to cancel the contract BUT I would need to pay off the remaining balance which we still have ALOT of months left to pay! He's also sending me another Ethernet cable out incase this one is not working properly. 
he was very helpful about it all, so let's keep everything crossed for me and pray this works! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion