Discussion topic: Sky glass and firestick issues

This message was authored by f3800 This message was authored by: f3800

Sky glass and firestick issues

Hi, hoping for some help please.

My Amazon firestick has been connected to my old Samsung TV with no issues, sky glass arrived today, connected firestick. But, the stick keeps restarting and a message tells me there is a connection error. I have tried the stick in both hdmi 1 and 3 and have tried different settings in the device connection menu on the TV. I have looked online for help, but most of it states to replace cables but as the stick was working ok before installing in new glass,

Best Answers
f3800
Topic Author
This message was authored by f3800 This message was authored by: f3800 Answer

Re: Sky glass and firestick issues

Hi everyone and thank you all for your help, I have another firestick on an upstairs TV, and have used this to fault find and track  down the problem, and the cause of all my woes, is the USB cable from the power socket to the stick. This has become damaged during the instal to the new TV. New cable and stick is know running in Glass with no issues. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TheStraightener This message was authored by: TheStraightener

Are you using a separate plug or powering from the USB in the TV itseld

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@f3800 

As @TheStraightener indicates, the issue may be that the HDMI port on Glass isn't supplying enough power, and using the USB-C won't work reliably because that's only intended for the Sky Live camera.

The other possiblity is that the construction of the Glass enclosure is reducing the ability of WiFi to reach the stick, and you may need to use an HDMI extender.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
f3800
Topic Author

Hi, I am using a separate power adapter from the electrical socket

f3800
Topic Author

Also have an adapter, so there firestick is using an ethernet cable

f3800
Topic Author

Hi, it's a separate plug, into electrical socket 

f3800
Topic Author

Hi, I am using a separate power supply, from the electrical socket not using power from the TV

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@f3800 

Have you plugged it back into your original tv to see if the firestick is working ?

I've got several iterations / generators of the firestick and they have all worked plugged into my glass 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
f3800
Topic Author
This message was authored by f3800 This message was authored by: f3800 Answer

Hi everyone and thank you all for your help, I have another firestick on an upstairs TV, and have used this to fault find and track  down the problem, and the cause of all my woes, is the USB cable from the power socket to the stick. This has become damaged during the instal to the new TV. New cable and stick is know running in Glass with no issues. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion