Discussion topic: Sky Live Glass Camera Launch & Technical Enquiries

This message was authored by techman9 This message was authored by: techman9

Re: Sky Live Glass Camera Launch

@Jporch316 wrote:

@stereohaven 

sky is nowhere near the level of Facebook, google, Amazon, TikTok, etc etc etc etc etc ......

🤣

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@stereohaven wrote:

@Jporch316 wrote:

@stereohaven 

We gave up any privacy many years ago 

sky is nowhere near the level of Facebook, google, Amazon, TikTok, etc etc etc etc etc ......

You may have, but don't assume the same for everyone else.

This reply was sponsored by DuckDuck Go and NordVPN... 😉

Nord vpn is owned by a Lithuanian company operating in panama ....... 

Who knows what goes on 🤷🏻

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Deleted as reading community rules 👍

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

@Jporch316 wrote:

Nord vpn is owned by a Lithuanian company operating in panama .....                                                                                 Who knows what goes on 🤷🏻

Dunno, I don't use either service, they were just the 2 that sprang to mind when I was writing my reply, apologies for wasting your time on Google.

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

I can't say much I guess regarding this camera i've just ordered a DAC/Amp Combo because I like the design of it more then the quality of it though it is a quality app as well.

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Sky Live has now launched

https://www.sky.com/glass/sky-live

Existing Glass Customers current offer of £242 upfront or pay via an interest free loan £5pm for 48 months or £10pm for 24 months 

New Customers buying Glass and Live, Live is £290 upfront, £6pm for 48 months or £12pm for 24 months

IMG_9593.png

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

£242 !?!?!

This message was authored by Alex+Ricote This message was authored by: Alex+Ricote

Hi Tim

The link doesn't appear to work?

@SlenderRobert wrote:

£242 !?!?!

Agreed it's pricey ......

but no one is forced to buy it. The specs on the camera are decent and probably justify the cost 

whether  glass owners will buy one or not is up to them really 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Jporch316 wrote:

@SlenderRobert wrote:

£242 !?!?!

Agreed it's pricey ......

but no one is forced to buy it. The specs on the camera are decent and probably justify the cost 

whether  glass owners will buy one or not is up to them really 

Nobody is forced to buy anything. It's an option. A ridiculously over-priced option IMHO. 

It'll be half price by Christmas I reckon. 

@SlenderRobert 

Nah - it will probably be backwards compatible (if a new glass tv is ever released...)

it will stay full price just like the sky soundbox thingy ...... 

im presuming sky are hoping the monthly payments will make it more appealing 

This message was authored by Alex+Ricote This message was authored by: Alex+Ricote

Hi Tim

I'm confused & can't seem to get the initial price?

When I first logged in it came up with £5 / 48 months or £10 24 months.

Now it comes up with £6 /48 months or £12 24 months?

Any thoughts?

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @Alex+Ricote 

It appears there's different pricing, the offer price (£242 / £5pm 48months / £10pm 24months is existing Glass customers and the full price seems to be new customers buy Glass at the same time.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@SlenderRobert the cash price is £290 when VAT is included or £6 per month are you using the price in the Channel Isles. Details are here for me https://www.sky.com/glass/sky-live?irct=mysky-web-gbr-upgrade-glass-hero. The key price is the credit price very few people buy Sky kit outright.

The various on-line reviews I have read are a bit meh but that was true for Glass which despite many posters gloomy predictions that continues to sell. The 65 inch is still priced above its launch price even after the price reductions. Whether Sky Live will sell in the numbers they budget for is unknown but I would be cautious about writing it off totally just yet as Sky know their target market quite well.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Tim

Might be worth feeding back it's not working re the discount when you sign the CCA the price defaults back to £6 as opposed to £5 on the final place order screen.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion