Discussion topic: Sky Glass retune aerial input

This message was authored by captainnoise This message was authored by: captainnoise

Sky Glass retune aerial input

Turned off my WiFi to force my Sky Glass to switch to aerial input and find all available channel, only to remember that one of the reasons I switched to Sky many years ago was my aerial wasn't working well and the TV was only able to tune to a handful of channels. Have now fixed aerial but cannot see how to force Glass to rescan from the aerial - any idea (am hoping it's not a total reset as can't face having to sign into every streaming service again 😩)

Best Answers
This message was authored by mike900 This message was authored by: mike900 Answer

Re: Sky Glass retune aerial input

I've retuned the freeview on my glass tv several times without resetting it.

With no WiFi or Ethernet connection select the aerial button on the screen. Once the freeview has started pressing the right side of the circle button brings up a menu.  Then select Settings - Channel Setup - Terrestrial - Search. The retune will then begin.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@captainnoise  See if this article helps 

Glass rescan  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@captainnoise I tried this once and, like you, couldn't find any way of rescanning for channels after an initial scan had completed. 

My conclusion was the same as yours - a full reset would be required.

This message was authored by mike900 This message was authored by: mike900 Answer

I've retuned the freeview on my glass tv several times without resetting it.

With no WiFi or Ethernet connection select the aerial button on the screen. Once the freeview has started pressing the right side of the circle button brings up a menu.  Then select Settings - Channel Setup - Terrestrial - Search. The retune will then begin.

captainnoise
Topic Author
This message was authored by captainnoise This message was authored by: captainnoise

Brilliant! This has worked for me!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion